Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photo Game Challenge thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:01 PM
aviaator
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just when I was going to get a picture at Lewiston, VA tomorrow...

New challenge forthcoming. Standby.

New challenge: you bike, glasses on seat, in front of a road closed sign like this one. Somewhere the whole road is closed - not just a lane etc.

This happens to be an old one lane wooden bridge that the county just closed instead of repairing.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-07-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:09 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

What a shame. Looks like a beautiful place to ride.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:38 PM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Road Closed

This road is closed for bridge work. Been closed for a while.

If accepted your bike at a college campus with glasses or helmet on bike. Extra points for babes

Old 08-14-2017, 04:51 PM
aviaator
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Excellent.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:04 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Wow, all the way down to page 7! Really wish the mods would sticky this thread.

Couldn't get to a spot that was safe to get a pic of the college sign, but here's a couple pics of Keene State College in Keene, NH. The dorm pic is where my lovely wife (she's a babe!) lived for 2 years, and the campus convenience store around the corner. Got these on my way through town on a 5 state (Maine, NH, VT, NY and MA) run for a meetup lunch with a guy from a facebook riding group I'm part of. Was an absolutely gorgeous day for riding in New England. 400+ miles. I threw in a couple extras with better scenery than the campus - it was pretty quiet - don't think the new generation of babes move in till next week...

Carle Hall, Keene State University, Keene NH

Campus convenience store. One drunken night in 1995, we met a lactose intolerant cow here. Don't ask.

Hogback overlook, Route 9 in VT

Quabbin Reservoir, Route 202, MA

If this qualifies, how about a pic of your bike (GoS) with a high school or college athletic field scoreboard, with either the name or picture of the school mascot on it. Had a college intern working for me this summer, who is also a captain on the UNH women's hockey team. She was by far the hardest working intern I've ever had, and is proof that not ALL millenials expect stuff to be handed to them. She's a babe, too (but I'm not allowed to say that at work!). Go Wildcats!

Old 08-21-2017, 05:14 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Great shots. we have a winner

Old 08-21-2017, 05:25 AM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 323 Posts

I haven't participated in the challenge yet but have been following it for a while.
I know it would be "out of order" but I'd love to see some eclipse pics with the bike in it.
Since it's a once in a lifetime chance maybe it could be a special interuption to the regular thread.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:54 AM
dandrumheller
Road Master

Originally Posted by ORradtech
I haven't participated in the challenge yet but have been following it for a while.
I know it would be "out of order" but I'd love to see some eclipse pics with the bike in it.
Since it's a once in a lifetime chance maybe it could be a special interuption to the regular thread.
This would be awesome! Great idea. Don't melt your eyeballs!

Old 08-22-2017, 11:31 AM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 1,142 Likes on 468 Posts

I ended up taking a ride from the Tulsa area north to Missouri to see the eclipse. Originally the whole family was going to go, but the kids were not that interested and did not want to miss school (did someone kidnap my real children?) and the wife was not feeling up to the trip. I have always been a bit of an astronomy nerd and for a big part of my childhood wanted to be an astronaut, so I was not going to miss a total eclipse right in my back yard. Since I was going solo I decided to take the bike. I rolled out of town at 6am and made great time, getting to Holts Summit, MO just after 11am (325 miles). Traffic was unexpextedly light. I had the lunch buffet at Cameron's Cafe and ended up just hanging out there and watched the eclipse with the staff and some locals in the parking lot. The two minutes of totality was awesome, pictures (especially with my iphone camera) do not do it justice.

This was about 80-90%.

Totality - horrible pic, does not look anything like it did in person.

Traffic was awful going home. Hwy 54 headed south was bumper to bumper. I bailed off south of Jefferson City and made my way south and west on secondary roads. In Lebanon, MO I passed the high school stadium where it looked like they were getting ready for a game or scrimmage. It's a little hard to read but the top of the scoreboard says Yellowjackets.

I finally got home about 10:30 pm - long day, almost 700 miles, but worth it to see something that I may not have the chance to see again.

The idea for the next challenge came to me as I rode through Buffalo, MO. Your bike with a sign for a town named after an animal.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:21 AM
dandrumheller
Road Master

Originally Posted by cowboydoc
I ended up taking a ride from the Tulsa area north to Missouri to see the eclipse. Originally the whole family was going to go, but the kids were not that interested and did not want to miss school (did someone kidnap my real children?) and the wife was not feeling up to the trip. I have always been a bit of an astronomy nerd and for a big part of my childhood wanted to be an astronaut, so I was not going to miss a total eclipse right in my back yard. Since I was going solo I decided to take the bike. I rolled out of town at 6am and made great time, getting to Holts Summit, MO just after 11am (325 miles). Traffic was unexpextedly light. I had the lunch buffet at Cameron's Cafe and ended up just hanging out there and watched the eclipse with the staff and some locals in the parking lot. The two minutes of totality was awesome, pictures (especially with my iphone camera) do not do it justice.

This was about 80-90%.

Totality - horrible pic, does not look anything like it did in person.

Traffic was awful going home. Hwy 54 headed south was bumper to bumper. I bailed off south of Jefferson City and made my way south and west on secondary roads. In Lebanon, MO I passed the high school stadium where it looked like they were getting ready for a game or scrimmage. It's a little hard to read but the top of the scoreboard says Yellowjackets.

I finally got home about 10:30 pm - long day, almost 700 miles, but worth it to see something that I may not have the chance to see again.

The idea for the next challenge came to me as I rode through Buffalo, MO. Your bike with a sign for a town named after an animal.
Well played sir! 2 challenges met in a single post!

Quick Reply: Photo Game Challenge thread...