Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Gas guage and flush fuel cap 07 RK

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Arizona Sage
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED Gas guage and flush fuel cap 07 RK

Anyone else out there have the flush mount blue LED gas guage and gas cap? I have them on my 2007 Road King and cannot wait to get rid of them and go to a more traditional screw on cap and a raised fuel gauge. The LED fuel readout always reads 2 dots now so I have to trip out the odometer between gas stops and the gas cap (you are supposed to press down and have it turn easily) doesn't turn easily at all anymore. The chrome coated collar around it has begun to peel due to the fuel nozzle resting on it every time I fuel up. Is this a fairly simple swap to make?

Old 04-04-2014, 11:32 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,631 Likes on 1,165 Posts

I don't have the flush mount but rather the LED gauge that matches the OEM gas cap. I also have the analog speedo/tach combo and the gas gauge on both of these are pretty much in sync. I haven't had any issues in the almost 3 years I've had them.

I like the feature where the LEDs blink on the last gallon and each LED disappears one by one as the gas diminishes. I like the LEDs as a nice quick visual que.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:06 PM
screaminroadking
Road Master
Received 145 Likes on 67 Posts

Have them on My 08 CVO Roadking. Not sure how accurate the gas gauge is. Do like the look and the blue LED's match the bike pretty nice. The flush gas cap can be a pain in the *** sometimes and it can be a bitch to get it to stay flush. Also water likes to collect in the cap when you wash the bike. I always make sure to shake that sucker out real good after a wash. There is enough water in the fuel now a days, might as well try and not add anymore.