Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bell Bullitt helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:49 PM
grancuda
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally got the smoked bubble shield in. It's not too dark for dusk,

Old 05-01-2014, 09:01 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by grancuda
Finally got the smoked bubble shield in. It's not too dark for dusk,
Nice. Cool old skool!

How is the view through it? Any distortion from the curve?

Last edited by offthewall; 05-01-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Wow now thats a fugly helmet....the black version looks pretty good.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:06 AM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Personally, I would rather find a real (old) retro helmet and repair or reline it. I wish I had kept all my old 70s pinstriped helmets, but I had no idea the style would be this popular again.

I'm not making that mistake with my leisure suit. When they come back into style... I am sooo ready.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:02 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by ZenGlide
Personally, I would rather find a real (old) retro helmet and repair or reline it. I wish I had kept all my old 70s pinstriped helmets, but I had no idea the style would be this popular again.

I'm not making that mistake with my leisure suit. When they come back into style... I am sooo ready.
Be careful, relining an old helmet will make it look good and comfortable but not safe. The foam breaks down and you'd have to replace the entire safety liner as well. You still wouldn't know if the shell was up to the task until your head cracked.

The reason some of us are going with these vintage looking full face helmets is because we want a safe full face helmet that also looks cool (in our eyes).

I've still got my 1976 Bell Star 120 and a 1982 Simpson 62 helmets hanging in the garage and that's where they'll stay.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:21 AM
OT12
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Hi,
I'm new to the forum was wondering how both Bullitt and Gringo are on highway riding of 200 miles and above I love the look of Bullitt but I love the colors in Gringo, do they fog and how loud are both???

Thanks in advance

Old 11-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

I have always hated a FF helmet. I feel almost claustrophobic with one on.
I wear fairly large glasses, and it's hard to get one on, then get my glasses in place after.
I like the look of the Bullit, the large face opening makes it look like my problem may be solved with the glasses. I might just try one of these out.
I like my Bell custom 500 a lot, so I think the Bullit might be just the full face for me to try.
Thanks for posting!

Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 AM
dhillr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OT12
Hi,
I'm new to the forum was wondering how both Bullitt and Gringo are on highway riding of 200 miles and above I love the look of Bullitt but I love the colors in Gringo, do they fog and how loud are both???

Thanks in advance
Not sure about noise but I know they fog a bit. My riding buddy got one a few weeks back and he does get some fogging on the cool mornings. He doesn't use the anti-fog treatment sprays.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Fog City sticky inserts. For $20, you get a fog-free ride for any face shield.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:09 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by OT12
Hi, I'm new to the forum was wondering how both Bullitt and Gringo are on highway riding of 200 miles and above I love the look of Bullitt but I love the colors in Gringo, do they fog and how loud are both??? Thanks in advance
I tried the Bullit and it was very uncomfortable around the ears. I bought a Gringo gave up on it after a few weeks and bought a real helmet - a Shoei rf-1200. The Gringo was extremely noisy. There is almost no seal around your ears. Snapping the shield on and off to get my glasses on was a PITA. There is no venting, so it is pretty hot as well.

The Shoei may not look "Harley" cool but it is the most comfortable, cool helmet I have and I've got everything from half helmets, to "vintage" 3/4 and full face ones. Even in 90 deg heat, my head stays dry in the Shoei. Its cooler than any 1/2 helmet I've owned. It's quiet and with the pinlock shield there is zero fogging.

I wish someone would make a vintage looking helmet with the venting and anti fog features of the RF-1200 but the reality is they don't.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:55 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
Have you considered the Bell Elmo?
LMAOOO I almost dropped my phone in my paint bucket..... lolol

Attached Thumbnails Bell Bullitt helmet?-windows-live-photo-gallery-wallpaper-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bell Bullitt helmet?