Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bell Bullitt helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 643 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by desertwolf
Sounds like this helmet may be a flop for Bell.
Well...they got least two customers, it seems! LOL

Old 04-19-2014, 04:53 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
Well...they got least two customers, it seems! LOL
No, we both bought the competition, the Biltwell Gringo.

BTW, by what I've read elsewhere, the Bell Bullit is a big hit. There are a lot of us old folks that appreciate the look of a vintage 70's full face helmet rather than either looking like we are about to board the space shuttle or wearing last night's salad bowl (with about as much protection).

Right now there are only three full face helmets that have that look; the Bell Bullit $400, the Biltwell Gringo $159, or the Ruby Castel $1200+. Not a lot of competition.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:11 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Default Biltwell Gringo Ride

I took my first decent ride with the Biltwell Gringo today. Very comfortable, no pinching anywhere. No lifting even at 80MPH. I will have to wear my earplugs again with this helmet though. There is quite a bit of wind noise and with it, natural ventilation, compared to my Bell 500 3/4. It's actually what I was hoping for since without vents, the Bell 500 gets very hot in all but the coldest of weather. No vents in the Gringo but you also don't need them with the face shield off as I plan to use it.

Overall, I'm happy with it and will wear it until I find something of higher finish quality that fits at least this good. At $159.00 shipped, you really can't go wrong with it if you're looking for a vintage looking full face helmet. I just like things of a higher quality looks and finish wise. You know the kind of things others here will proclaim are a waste of money and the Walmart/Harbor Freight/Ebay versions works just as good. LOL.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:12 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bell Elmo's where do I buy one do they come in different colors

Old 04-19-2014, 07:18 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by TWIN CAM 96
Bell Elmo's where do I buy one do they come in different colors
Then they wouldn't be an Elmo.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:14 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

helmet is sick, dont get the white one with the red dot unless you have a cafe racer. flat black with a straight shield it where its at. give it time.

but then again i always ride will a full face

Old 04-24-2014, 09:41 PM
grancuda
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I picked up one of the Bell Bullitts. Really nice helmet. Craftsmanship is way better than I expected & the materials inside are really nice. I always wear a full face & this matches much better to my bike than my shoei.

Also, they are now sold out of L & XXL so I don't think they are a flop by any means.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by grancuda
I picked up one of the Bell Bullitts. Really nice helmet. Craftsmanship is way better than I expected & the materials inside are really nice. I always wear a full face & this matches much better to my bike than my shoei. Also, they are now sold out of L & XXL so I don't think they are a flop by any means.
How is the fit over your ears? That's where I had issues. I found the ear pockets extremely cramped.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:12 PM
grancuda
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
How is the fit over your ears? That's where I had issues. I found the ear pockets extremely cramped.
The ear pockets are small but there is plenty of room as I do not use any speakers/communication system.

Overall I really like it. Just waiting on the tinted shield to be shipped, they are on back order.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by grancuda
The ear pockets are small but there is plenty of room as I do not use any speakers/communication system. Overall I really like it. Just waiting on the tinted shield to be shipped, they are on back order.
Damn, I really wish that ear thing didn't bug me so much. I really liked the Bullitt. The Gringo is OK but it has a certain "cheap" (it is) feel about it. The Bell is a really nice unit, fit and finish wise. The kind of object you almost want to just stare at (like my FLHTK).

Quick Reply: Bell Bullitt helmet?