Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Street Glide Special Communications

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 09:01 PM
tmichelena
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Default 2014 Street Glide Special Communications

Hi all,
I just purchased a 2014 Street Glide Special and am trying to figure out how to make the communications work. I purchased the 69200865 kit which allows the rider to use the voice activated controls and be able to make and receive calls. But, I cannot figure out how to make a system between this kit and Bluetooth to allow communication between rider and passenger and allow the passenger to be able to listen to music. Anybody have any recommendations for this?

Thanks,
Tom

Old 03-30-2014, 10:25 PM
NCBondsman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club. There are a few threads on this. Currently, MoCo has not released an update for the SG/SGS to allow rider/passenger comms. Bluetooth headset is out of the question (for now) to communicate with the radio. I even went as far as wiring a second wired connection to the remaining blank pins to mimic an Ultra. Had it all flashed but the radio will not transmit sound to the rear headset speakers. It is a software issue.
The best thing to do would be to outfit your helmets with a Sena SMH10. You both can answer your own phones, communicate with each other, listen to your own music.
For now, I use a cheap headset with my half helmet to take calls on longer rides. Some say it is dangerous and yes I agree it is. I usually answer, have them hold while I pull over. That is how I make my living being on call 24/7 so I must take my phone calls.
If you want the voice activated feature to work, just install a wired headset and a Bluetooth one in your helmet and just a Bluetooth in the passenger helmet.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:27 AM
tmichelena
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NCBondsman
Welcome to the club. There are a few threads on this. Currently, MoCo has not released an update for the SG/SGS to allow rider/passenger comms. Bluetooth headset is out of the question (for now) to communicate with the radio. I even went as far as wiring a second wired connection to the remaining blank pins to mimic an Ultra. Had it all flashed but the radio will not transmit sound to the rear headset speakers. It is a software issue.
The best thing to do would be to outfit your helmets with a Sena SMH10. You both can answer your own phones, communicate with each other, listen to your own music.
For now, I use a cheap headset with my half helmet to take calls on longer rides. Some say it is dangerous and yes I agree it is. I usually answer, have them hold while I pull over. That is how I make my living being on call 24/7 so I must take my phone calls.
If you want the voice activated feature to work, just install a wired headset and a Bluetooth one in your helmet and just a Bluetooth in the passenger helmet.
Thank you for this info. For clarification on your last sentence, install the Harley hard wired kit AND get bluetooths for both the rider and passenger? Then, you could bluetooth your phone to your bike. And, bluetooth your phone to the helmets. Am I thinking right?

Thank you!
Tom

Old 03-31-2014, 09:01 AM
WildX
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Rider and passenger need separate hookups. The Boom software needs to be enabled by the dealer in the radio. lastly you need to change the hand controls to the one with the push to talk (PTT) button on the right hand control.
I changed my hand controls to the lighted ones. They come with the PTT button. BlueTooth will not work for communications, only for streaming music. " The Infotainment system deception"

Old 03-31-2014, 09:05 AM
tmichelena
Cruiser

Originally Posted by WildX
Rider and passenger need separate hookups. The Boom software needs to be enabled by the dealer in the radio. lastly you need to change the hand controls to the one with the push to talk (PTT) button on the right hand control.
I changed my hand controls to the lighted ones. They come with the PTT button. BlueTooth will not work for communications, only for streaming music. " The Infotainment system deception"
WildX, is your PTT button on your hand controls active and working?

Thanks,
Tom

Old 03-31-2014, 11:36 AM
NCBondsman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the PTT is for the CB(bike to bike). The intercom will not work wired rider to passenger if you add a passenger. Now, if the PTT makes a difference, I will post it up because I ordered the lighted switches.
You can do without the wired if you just use the Bluetooth. Just pair your phone to the BT headset. Your wife pairs her phone to hers. You each listen to your own music. If you are deadest on the wired option, just install one in your helmet along with the Bluetooth headset and you have the best of both worlds.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:16 PM
tmichelena
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NCBondsman
I think the PTT is for the CB(bike to bike). The intercom will not work wired rider to passenger if you add a passenger. Now, if the PTT makes a difference, I will post it up because I ordered the lighted switches.
You can do without the wired if you just use the Bluetooth. Just pair your phone to the BT headset. Your wife pairs her phone to hers. You each listen to your own music. If you are deadest on the wired option, just install one in your helmet along with the Bluetooth headset and you have the best of both worlds.
Thank you! When you say the "wired option" and "install in helmet," you are referring to the Harley part that needs installed in the bike, and the harley wired headset which plugs into the bike, correct?

Thanks,
Tom