Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTT and PhilM

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: DTT and PhilM

Received my DTT, still waitin for tins.

Phil, you changed throttlebody to the dual runner, was it a gerolamy? Did Brian do the same on his? In reading through the literature it states that with the screaming eagle 50mm body and 4.9gph injectors it will build no more than 100hp. I know my last bike was 102hp and 115tq and that was with stock injectors and throttle body ('03). Thoughts? After reading through this all it doesn't look so intimidating. There is not an intial setup file though that is even close for my 07 103" build. I guess I should call and see if they are coming up with additional setup files.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:00 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dalton

Received my DTT, still waitin for tins.

Phil, you changed throttlebody to the dual runner, was it a gerolamy? Did Brian do the same on his? In reading through the literature it states that with the screaming eagle 50mm body and 4.9gph injectors it will build no more than 100hp. I know my last bike was 102hp and 115tq and that was with stock injectors and throttle body ('03). Thoughts? After reading through this all it doesn't look so intimidating. There is not an intial setup file though that is even close for my 07 103" build. I guess I should call and see if they are coming up with additional setup files.
Yes.. My TB is the Geralomy Dual runner 50mm.

Do some more reading on Injectors @ www.injector.com and look at "Harley" link.

Byran has an HPI 55mm with the S/E CVO injectors. Seems like they were rated @ 4.89 gm/sec. Many other reputable sources indicate that stock injectors are good for 110~120 HP. I am using stock 05 injectors that I sent to Marren Injector SVC for clean, blue print, & flow rating. They are MORE THAN ADEQUATE for the dual runner TB.

I can probably help ya find a good starter MAP and it will tune itself in pretty quick.... Right, Bryan?

Old 04-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks, yes, i am using the 50mm screaming eagle throttle body. 4.89gm/sec injectors, should be more than adequate IMO.

Setup file help would be appreciated.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:49 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

Setup file help would be appreciated.
PM me, again, with all the info on your build & I'll see what I can come up with....

Old 04-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yes it will....in fact i bet if you put in the hi comp 95" map it would tune it within 4 or 5 tune'n runs ...from what i saw, the hardest thing about it all was gettin the IAC and the TPS all happy...after that, its a piece of cake....it'll even tune it so good that in spite of folks POOR pipe choice(ei the fatcat), it will still get a bagger to wheelie

Old 04-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member

Phil, will PM ya with the info.

BTW, was at the dealer today, and got to talking about what mods I have done and am doing. I mentioned the DTT and the guy behind the counter, a former service tech, said the DTT wasn't worth the trouble. Well having read the manual and payed with the software, i was a little bit informed so took him to task. Bottom line was he never learned to use the SERT or anyting but the PCIII, so it was foreign to him, thus a PITA.

IS there a separate thread just devoted to the DTT ?(this one is pretty damn good though)

Old 04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

Phil, will PM ya with the info.

BTW, was at the dealer today, and got to talking about what mods I have done and am doing. I mentioned the DTT and the guy behind the counter, a former service tech, said the DTT wasn't worth the trouble. Well having read the manual and payed with the software, i was a little bit informed so took him to task. Bottom line was he never learned to use the SERT or anyting but the PCIII, so it was foreign to him, thus a PITA.

IS there a separate thread just devoted to the DTT ?(this one is pretty damn good though)
That's FUNNY! I guess we now now know why he was promoted from Tech to parts monkey! [8D]

Old 04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is unbelivable isnt it.....that just cause a guy has never used it its a piece of sh$t. Thank goodness for forward thinking people....cause if there wasnt, we would still be riding horses instead of harleys.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

but i hear...in Arkansas, ya CAN get a DUI on a HORSE

Old 04-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: shooter64

it is unbelivable isnt it.....that just cause a guy has never used it its a piece of sh$t. Thank goodness for forward thinking people....cause if there wasnt, we would still be riding horses instead of harleys.
That's alright Bart.Let all the nea sayers stay in the back of the pack.I know now that the DTT works .

Quick Reply: DTT and PhilM