Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ up center stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 12:29 PM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default EZ up center stand

Just wondering if anyone else using the center stand finds it a little hard getting the bike on the stand while sitting on the bike ? i find it easier to put it on the jiffy stand and get off step on the stand bar and pull it up. What does everyone else do ?

Old 03-26-2014, 12:57 PM
bbs15
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stay straddled on the bike, but I stand up with the right foot on the ground and the left foot on the Center stand and in one motion ,stand up with all weight on the Center stand and pull back on the handlebars. Once you have done it once you will have no problem doing it again.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:58 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Having ridden bikes for over 40 years, most of them fitted with centre-stands, I have never tried to put one of them on it while sitting on the bike! You're doing it the right way by getting off first!

Old 03-26-2014, 01:00 PM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs15
Once you have done it once you will have no problem doing it again.
That's what she said.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:23 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Never used a center stand until I had one of the EZ Up's installed in Daytona. Once they got it installed (took a whole 5 min's) the installer showed me how to use it both seated and standing next to the bike. So far I've used it just like bbs15 and have had no issues putting it on the center stand.

One thing you may want to check is the shocks. From what I was told if the shocks are to low you may have a problem getting it up on the stand.

Tips for solving common problems:
If you have difficulty getting the bike up on the stand, check the following: the bike must be in neutral; the wheel should be straight forward and not cocked; do not hold the front brake lever; and make sure you have 30 lb or more air pressure in the rear suspension. Also when pushing down on the foot lever, lift your weight up off of the seat so you are not trying to lift the bike and yourself. These are the most common problems we encounter.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:23 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

I have one on my ultra, I think it depends on your size, Not being a large/tall person I find times I cannot get it on the stand sitting on the bike, being short legged person I have to use the ball of my foot to do it

Old 03-26-2014, 01:43 PM
bbs15
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having ridden bikes for over 40 years, most of them fitted with centre-stands, I have never tried to put one of them on it while sitting on the bike! You're doing it the right way by getting off first!

The ez up Center stand is meant to be applied from the riding position. It is actually easier from this position.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:01 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

"The ez up Center stand is meant to be applied from the riding position. It is actually easier from this position."

I agree, it's built to do it from either standing or sitting.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:16 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to chime in and say while sitting on the bike. I find standing next to it harder.

Practice both ways and do what feels right for you.

http://www.wheeldock.com/page/home/r...r-stand-videos

Old 03-26-2014, 02:56 PM
kyote
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dinsmoor17
Just wondering if anyone else using the center stand finds it a little hard getting the bike on the stand while sitting on the bike ? i find it easier to put it on the jiffy stand and get off step on the stand bar and pull it up. What does everyone else do ?
Do you have the EZ-Up center stand? or the knockoff??
The knockoff you DO need to get off the bike and put it on the stand..

Quick Reply: EZ up center stand