Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dustin's Project Ultra. (updated: 7/1) the recompletion...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:31 PM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Had some spare time today

Very cool, can't wait to see how it turns out....Maybe in person some time. I have family in the Storm Lake Ia area, maybe I'll make it down that way some time.

In the posts of yours I've read, I've never seen you mention whether or not your parents ride Harley too or not? I figure to have such an early start, you must have had some early influence....so whats the scoop?

Old 03-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

ORIGINAL: propane_peddler

It looks like its time for me to put a padlock onmy spare parts collection before the kid takes it all! [sm=bustedsign.gif]But as you can see he's having fun and I'm having fun helping and watching. I'm not sure what his mother thinks about us two. At least she likes to ride!
Dave, if I was you I would lock Dustin out of the garage completely. He may be stripping your bike for parts soonDustin, looks good. Keep the pics coming.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

SeaHag...cool color scheme on the EG, Sometimes I miss the UC, mainly when it rains.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 AM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SeaHag

Very cool, can't wait to see how it turns out....Maybe in person some time. I have family in the Storm Lake Ia area, maybe I'll make it down that way some time.

In the posts of yours I've read, I've never seen you mention whether or not your parents ride Harley too or not? I figure to have such an early start, you must have had some early influence....so whats the scoop?
[/align][/align]I guess you didn't catch that propane_peddler is my dad he bought the electra glide in his sig pic in '04 I think? and I bought my Ironhead in '05, the one in the middle is my bro-in-law on his heritage. and a few uncles and aunts have harleys too, so it runs in the family [/align]

Old 03-29-2007, 01:56 AM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Scout

It looks like its time for me to put a padlock onmy spare parts collection before the kid takes it all! [sm=bustedsign.gif]But as you can see he's having fun and I'm having fun helping and watching. I'm not sure what his mother thinks about us two. At least she likes to ride!
Dave, if I was you I would lock Dustin out of the garage completely. He may be stripping your bike for parts soonDustin, looks good. Keep the pics coming.
[/align][/align]yeah, I could use a set of rineharts [sm=confused06.gif][/align]

Old 03-29-2007, 02:04 AM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

Like the look! Thanks for the pictures.

How and what do you need to remove the stock saddle bag guards?

Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 AM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: gabhart

[/align][/align]it wasn't too hard just take out the bolts holding the stock guards on and then you'll need the rails off of a street glide to put back on. (the SG saddlebag mounts run from the regular back mounts to the bottom bolt up front)[/align][/align]if that didn't make sense I'll get a part number and take some pics for you tomorrow.[/align]

Old 03-29-2007, 02:28 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Mountainkowboy

SeaHag...cool color scheme on the EG, Sometimes I miss the UC, mainly when it rains.
Thanks...I'll have some new pictures in a month or so. Did some mods with suspension and the front fender that should give it more of a low, slammed look....had to get my front fender repainted after the cutting/welding too; so I designed the scheme of the front fender differently to look a little 'racier'...hope it turns out as good as it looks in my 'minds eye'.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:37 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

Ah...so you're the lucky Dad...Looks like you're raising him up right. Propane peddler huh? That was once my profession too. Went to school in Mitchell, SD for Propane and Natural Gas sciences. Worked for a two bit Cenex coop as a bobtail driver/servicemanright out of school in Moorehead, MN, then moved on as lead service technician at Skelgas in Eagle Lake, MN before they sold out to Ferrell gas and I lost my job. Installed a few heating/cooling systems for local shops, then got out of the game all together. Nothing ever goes wrong with those systems when its nice outside.[:@] Forty below and you get a call out at 2am...or the 'dead beat' account who doesn't pay his bill, so he's on cash only, calls you in the middle of a blizzard because they are out of heat, so you're praying to keep the bulk truck on the road while guessing where the ditches are.

Good luck with your profession...I don't miss it.

P.S....So do your friends call you Hank Hill? Mine did.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:50 AM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: 74_ironhead

ORIGINAL: gabhart

[/align][/align]it wasn't too hard just take out the bolts holding the stock guards on and then you'll need the rails off of a street glide to put back on. (the SG saddlebag mounts run from the regular back mounts to the bottom bolt up front)[/align][/align]if that didn't make sense I'll get a part number and take some pics for you tomorrow.[/align]
So I would wind up with just the lower rail from the SG that would run in the channel that is formed on the bottom of the saddle bag and then of course the 2 quick releases, correct?

Quick Reply: Dustin's Project Ultra. (updated: 7/1) the recompletion...