Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire fable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 05:50 PM
johnnynitro
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Used Armoral on a car dash once. By the end of summer it was cracked. The dash was trash. All my friends said thats what happens when you use Armoral ! I never used it after that !!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2014, 07:28 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

+1. 303 Aerospace protectant protects the tire without stripping the tire of its natural protection. Also, not glossy. Believe it or not you can use it on the tread.

Originally Posted by ChiliPepr
I have had great luck with
303 Aerospace Protectant It does not leave the tire slippery.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:06 PM
HD_VAGS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive used Miguires Hot Shine (I think its called) on my sportser tires to keep that new look that I LOVE! But follow the directions and take extra precautions.......park the bike on a large broken down cardboard box.....use a rag and spray onto the rag only.....a little goes a LONG way! I think most go crazy and spray the **** out of the tire and it ends up all over.....let the bike sit for a day or weekend your not using it so it doesnt just run to the tread while riding! Ive never had a problem this way!

I just polished my front wheel (RoadKing) and decided to bring the www back to new and the mr clean eraser did the job nicely.....also took that brown off the letterd area above the white. Maybe try a liquid less approach too

Good luck

Old 03-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Another Vinylex fan. I get it at Pep Boys. If you want the same for a leather seat get Lexol. Good stuff. Shiny tires on a Harley? Just say no.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:33 PM
ALUCARD19
Road Master

Agree with above posts NEVER put slippery stuff on a motorcycle tire, unless you have good health insurance.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:15 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

When using any product use common sense. When you wax do you slobber the **** everywhere ? No you do not. When changing fluids are you fairly careful not to slobber slippery stuff everywhere? Sure you are. When applying Lexol to your leather Corbin seat do you just spray like a moron, no. Pumping grease in your zerks are you careful?

Just like any other product if you use it like a dipshit you are going to have problems. Same thing with tire shiny stuff, apply with your head out of your butt and get it on the SIDEWALLS not the tread and not the brake rotors either.

Last edited by bigheadted; 03-25-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahah ahahahahah
hahahahahha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

ha
HA Now laugh !

Old 03-24-2014, 10:44 PM
banjoplayer2
Cruiser

I think Bigheadted had some valid points he makes. However do you really have to be such an abrasive dick to others while you do it? Nobody was being verbally abusive to anybody in this thread.

I think your comment that Darwinism or deaths by crash of fellow riders may be necessary for the purpose of elevating the skill, or knowledge of the motorcycle community as a whole; was way out of line!

We all have bad days, but that just can't be justified.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:48 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Armorall got a bad rep becaused it used to turn black leather and plastic hazy brown. Once you started using it, you became hooked to keep stuff black.

Do not use it on tires, and for Gods sake, never use it on your saddle. You will be sliding all over the place.

As others haves said, most tires look great with just a quick wash and wipe down. Even if you put that stuff on the side walls, centripital force will flow it into the treads.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bigheadted
When using any product use common sense. When you wax do you slobber the **** everywhere ? No you do not. When changing fluids are you fairly careful not to slobber slippery stuff everywhere? Sure you are. When applying Lexol to your leather Corbin seat do you just spray like a moron, no. Pumping grease in your zerks are you careful?

Just like any other product if you use it like a dipshit you are going to have problems. Same thing with tire shiny stuff, apply with your head out of your butt and get it on the SIDEWALLS not the tread and not the brake rotors either.

Any product used with an iota of common sense will be just fine.

I also call total bullshit on the Armor All destroying of car parts. I used that stuff in the late 70s and early 80s like a madman, covered my dash a couple times a week as well as the rest of every square inch of the vinyl in the interior of my 1967 Pontiac, today the dash pad and all other vinyl is soft and pliable as the day my Dad bought the car new. I still use it too. Same on my 1988 K-5 that we bought brand new, it is in near perfect shape on all vinyl and trim and gallons of the Armor All were used on it as well.

If you are so stupid as to apply something in such a haphazard way as to allow it to get on your tread surface on a motorcycle maybe you should go down in a fiery ball of burning lard and eliminate your stupid *** from ever procreating and passing your idiot genes to another human. Sometimes stupid parrots need to meet a flight of pellets in midair.
Besides being a dick, you seem to contradict yourself. Stupid Parrot!

Quick Reply: Tire fable?