Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking up my new 2014 ultra monday to start my new build

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:06 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
I cant imagine buying a new bike and then tearing that rig down like that... Dont get me wrong... Id like to do it, But my wife would beat me with my own arms...
Women are funny that way they just have no sense of humor. Oh but if it's something they want. So we are sitting around drinking coffee one morning she turns on the TV and there is an infomercial on. It is basically an airbrush for your face to spray on make up. "Honey I can try it for one month for only $19.95." Uh huh $300 later she is beautiful and I'm broke. Screw tearing apart 1 new Harley I'm going to do 3.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GARYR
4. BAKER DD7
5. BAKER BULLY PRIMARY
6. BAKER ATTITUDE CHAIN ADJUSTER
7. BAKER 1.5 OIL PAN
8. LYNDALL GOLD PLUS BRAKE PADS
9. DETACHABLE TOUR PACK
I have these on my 07 Road King. Just did the DD7, primary cover and attitude adjuster a month ago. You are going to love that DD7! Baker drivetrain products are awesome ! Did you also get the Baker heavy duty main shaft bearing and heavy duty clutch throw out bearing ? My bike has never been better. I will be doing the larger engine this fall. I will be watching your build.

One thing I will caution you on. That DD7 plate that Baker sends with the DD7 to stick on your stock trans cover. The adhesive sucks and it will fall off on your first ride when the adhesive heats up. Luckily mine fell off in the garage. I scraped and removed all the old adhesive from my trans cover and the plate and bought some 3M double stick adhesive tape made for high heat applications and stuck it back on. It's there now and not coming off.

Last edited by Sailrider 1; 04-02-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I am getting involved in this too see how it all gets done. I am in with the crowd that says, I could never tear that deep into a brand new bike. But hey, it is not my bike, and will be cool to see it complete.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,639 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Very nice ponies under that saddle. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sailrider 1
I have these on my 07 Road King. Just did the DD7, primary cover and attitude adjuster a month ago. You are going to love that DD7! Baker drivetrain products are awesome ! Did you also get the Baker heavy duty main shaft bearing and heavy duty clutch throw out bearing ? My bike has never been better. I will be doing the larger engine this fall. I will be watching your build.

One thing I will caution you on. That DD7 plate that Baker sends with the DD7 to stick on your stock trans cover. The adhesive sucks and it will fall off on your first ride when the adhesive heats up. Luckily mine fell off in the garage. I scraped and removed all the old adhesive from my trans cover and the plate and bought some 3M double stick adhesive tape made for high heat applications and stuck it back on. It's there now and not coming off.
I'm glad you brought this up because I thought that adhesive sucked too but no one ever complained. Thanks now we can get something better.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 AM
GARYR
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Day 2 of our 2014 build

We installed the Baker Pan, it is really an art form that takes a little patience but they are fitting a lot in a very small area. It looks great and obviously holds more oil with better baffling. The next operation was to install the DD7 that is just a simple cartridge that almost anyone could do.

Reggie and I finely agreed on the exhaust system to use. We are to use a Bassani 2 into 1 that will hurt a little on the top, but will net big torque in the middle. Our next step is to get the short block in and hook up systems. From my side I am very pleased.

Attached Thumbnails Picking up my new 2014 ultra monday to start my new build-2014-build-006.jpg   Picking up my new 2014 ultra monday to start my new build-2014-build-007.jpg   Picking up my new 2014 ultra monday to start my new build-2014-build-009.jpg   Picking up my new 2014 ultra monday to start my new build-2014-build-024.jpg  
Old 04-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GARYR
We installed the Baker Pan, it is really an art form that takes a little patience but they are fitting a lot in a very small area. It looks great and obviously holds more oil with better baffling. The next operation was to install the DD7 that is just a simple cartridge that almost anyone could do.

Reggie and I finely agreed on the exhaust system to use. We are to use a Bassani 2 into 1 that will hurt a little on the top, but will net big torque in the middle. Our next step is to get the short block in and hook up systems. From my side I am very pleased.
No race on the mainshaft Sailrider, I think he took your High torque bearing advise.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:51 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 16,166 Likes on 5,017 Posts

I think this bike really needs a supercharger, (or turbo!)!!!

just my way of staying subscribed, (and throwing in a couple cents worth of non-cents!!)

Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
No race on the mainshaft Sailrider, I think he took your High torque bearing advise.
Looks like it. The DD7 install is a fairly simple install, but boy it looks really easy with the engine removed!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:52 AM
GARYR
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the actual transmission is easy, the hard part has always been getting all the stuff out of the way. The DD7 system carries the shift system with the trap door and that takes out the shift system install that you would get with a OD 6. All this stuff is a pleasure to do when the parts have good engineering behind them.

Quick Reply: Picking up my new 2014 ultra monday to start my new build