Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

covering plates

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014 | 08:43 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
i have saw this proven true, the average person cant pull it up but its out there. i have a computer guru friend that showed me all kinds of things you can find out with pix snd stuff like that. facebook was crazy
actually, if you turn your phone GPS off, it wont show pic...also FB has a setting to where you can still upload a pic you took with GPS on...and have the location not show

Old 03-24-2014 | 08:43 AM
Fozzy4325
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of people who make plates for people who want to ride without paying yearly road taxes or endorsments. If they want to go for a blast on the bike and know there are speed cameras etc around.

So these guys get the plate numbers from the net for the same model bikes.

Old 03-24-2014 | 08:52 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

before I go riding next time, I'm gonna blurr my plate out and hope I dont get pulled over! you know, those people that can get all that information can just see you riding around and dont have to wait for you to take a picture and post it. those people are everywhere, those people know how to find you ,,,those people are waiting just for you.....

Old 03-24-2014 | 09:06 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,172 Posts

And let's not forget who makes the majority of these license plates.....

Yeah, they're behind bars.

Old 03-24-2014 | 09:07 AM
warking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
The info isn't there, if it ever was. The image you posted has been re-sized, and a lot (most?) graphics programs don't retain the imbedded information. One of my programs gives you the option to keep that info or not.

Just the plate in a parking lot doesn't tell you how many bikes are in the garage, or what kind of tools are there. A lot of posters here have pictures of those, too, a lot more information for someone looking for it. Has that information ever been used for theft? I don't know, haven't heard of it used that way. Might be a way for scammers to use that kind of info. Fraud is the biggest industry in the country; some folks may think, why make it easy for them?
cant believe it took 4 pages.

Old 03-24-2014 | 10:44 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
140 Grand ******, San Antone TX Are we getting close?
Close, but no cigar.

That info didn't come from DMV....

I am in the Greater San Antonio area... But I don't actually have a San Antonio address.

Old 03-24-2014 | 11:12 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army
Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
Close, but no cigar.

That info didn't come from DMV....

I am in the Greater San Antonio area... But I don't actually have a San Antonio address.

I was just messing, your photo is linked to your photo bucket and your photo bucket full of pictures of your house. Your house pictures have the address on a board attached to your junction box out side. Beautiful house by the way, I love the style of houses in the San Antonio area. We spend every couple of Christmas's in New Braunfels with the in laws and I visit military buddies homes in the area.

Old 03-24-2014 | 11:35 AM
slammed05fatty
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

didnt expect to start a 5 page thread lol

Old 03-24-2014 | 12:32 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,781 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Photobucket stripped the exif info from your photo.

I think the forum does the same. I checked a couple of my pics that I know I didn't strip, but the exif was missing. Probably a privacy thing.

Old 03-24-2014 | 03:46 PM
Freesince1903
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey safetyman what kind of lift is that? And if someone whats to come get my Harley come get it please.... Insurance check will be way more than bike is worth. I'm at kutter Harley every week during the summer. If u come to my house it's just me and my friend SIG usually.....

Quick Reply: covering plates