Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WinPV--no Pro user mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:44 PM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default WinPV--no Pro user mode

When using my WinPV software, I can't select the Pro user mode. Normal mode is the only choice. I've used the Pro mode before, what gives?

When I "Get Tune" from the PV, the file loads fine but the title is displayed as "untitled.pvt" and I'd like it to display the title that I named it on the PV. The name shows up properly on the PV. If I "Open Tune" from WinPV the title shows up correctly. I thought maybe if I could get to Pro mode I could make it happen.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 03-09-2014, 10:41 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by smithbrl
When using my WinPV software, I can't select the Pro user mode. Normal mode is the only choice. I've used the Pro mode before, what gives?

When I "Get Tune" from the PV, the file loads fine but the title is displayed as "untitled.pvt" and I'd like it to display the title that I named it on the PV. The name shows up properly on the PV. If I "Open Tune" from WinPV the title shows up correctly. I thought maybe if I could get to Pro mode I could make it happen.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
I think something has changed in an update on the Win/PV as all I have is normal. Have always had Basic or Pro before. Anyway you don't have a problem. That is the way all Get tunes come into the software. All you have to do is click the save as and either select the old file name from the list and save it or type in new name for it. IF you choose the same name it will tell you it already exists and you can over write it or change name.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:41 PM
smithbrl
Road Warrior

OK, thanks for the help. I guess I'm a little slow with this stuff. I reckon I've been doing this backwards as I've used "Get Tune" and made changes to the tune then saved it to WinPV then used "Send Tune" to get it back to the PV.

If I "Open" a tune I can make changes and save it back to itself then send it to the PV. That way I'll be looking at the tune title to insure myself that I'm modifying the right tune.

As far as the Pro mode, I updated my WinPV tonight and I guess that's how I lost the Pro mode, I really don't know.

Anyway, the main reason I was asking is that I was changing speedometer and mpg cals on all my tunes and I was having trouble remembering which tune I was modifying.

I appreciate your feedback.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:10 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by smithbrl
OK, thanks for the help. I guess I'm a little slow with this stuff. I reckon I've been doing this backwards as I've used "Get Tune" and made changes to the tune then saved it to WinPV then used "Send Tune" to get it back to the PV.

If I "Open" a tune I can make changes and save it back to itself then send it to the PV. That way I'll be looking at the tune title to insure myself that I'm modifying the right tune.

As far as the Pro mode, I updated my WinPV tonight and I guess that's how I lost the Pro mode, I really don't know.

Anyway, the main reason I was asking is that I was changing speedometer and mpg cals on all my tunes and I was having trouble remembering which tune I was modifying.

I appreciate your feedback.
I actually put the date of the change in the name and save the old file where I can go back. You got the open and send figured out. It is tough to remember.
I have played with the Speedo and with stock gearing 2206 was factory and need 2262 for correction. The MPG adjustment I wound up with 1870 and it is closer, but lots of variables. I have been using the instant mpg more than trip average to get an idea what changes I make if they work. I have a 2010 FLHTK, but shouldn't be that different.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:49 AM
smithbrl
Road Warrior

My stock speedo was 2140. I changed it to 2191 and it's dead on between 60 and 70 mph. If I ride slower than that I know I'll be going a little slower than the indicated speed and if I ride faster than that I may be going a little faster than indicated but it won't matter too much as I'll be subject to getting a ticket anyway.

The stock mpg was 1989. I adjusted it to 1862 and when I checked it today, the PV said 41.4 mpg and the calculator said 41.8 so I may bump it up a few points. As you said, lots of variables.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:51 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Pro mode went away a couple of updates ago. "Normal" is the same as "Pro" used to be. If you've got an older tune, you can update it via WinPV and the "Update using Power Vision" tab. This gives you access to several more tables.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:09 PM
smithbrl
Road Warrior

I went into WinPV and saved my tunes to different names then updated the old tunes using WinPV.

Thanks for the help y'all.