Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on goggles over glasses and under 3/4 helmet

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 02:30 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Advice on goggles over glasses and under 3/4 helmet

I don't want to put up with my prescription glasses bobbling on my face because of the intruding wind. Please recommend goggles that you use and like--those that do not smash the glasses into your face and ride well under a helmet. My helmet has the traditional pull-down plastic shield, but the wind always gets behind it causing my glasses to flutter at speed.

I need goggles that will fit with my face shield down--if such a thing is available. Perhaps not.

Any other advise is welcome. I am not going to buy prescription goggles. Thank you.

Last edited by albngore; 03-08-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:00 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good pair of wraps. Many brands out there. Good fitting glasses will not flutter as you describe. Some have side shields which help and they are often magnetic and removable. Down side... Cost a bit. I think mine were 500.00 or so. Progressive precription and darkening lenses.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Old 03-08-2014, 03:19 PM
myugly88
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sub'd for info

Old 03-08-2014, 04:05 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Got a pair of prescription sports glasses with shaded lenses from Walmart. About 250 I think and work fine for the day. Haven't found any goggles that don't push my regular glasses into my nose. Lately I've been using a full face modular with a drop-down sunshade.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I fought this battle for years, and ended up getting one of those Shark Modulars where the chin bar rotates all the way around to the back of the helmet.

At low speeds, ride in open 3/4 mode. Riding faster I flip down the slightly tinted clear shield, if it is sunny, I slide down the sun visor. When really going fast, in cold or rainy weather I rotate down the chin protector. One helmet for everything. No need for goggles.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:02 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior

Liberty frame. Drivewear changeable tint lenses. I was just told they were 700.00 because they are progressives (think bifocals). 500.00 for single vision (think regular young people's prescription). Magnetic removable side shields. I can turn my head to the side at 70 mph and those stay glued and that's with a half with no shield and no safety cord on the frame. Fit is everything. Spend the money up front. You get what you pay for.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I solved my problem with Wiley-X prescription glasses. They wrap to your face, have removable gaskets and straps if you need to use them. You can get them with light adjusting lenses so they are good for day or night and they'll fit under all helmets. I love them. Have three pair.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:07 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jberg
I solved my problem with Wiley-X prescription glasses. They wrap to your face, have removable gaskets and straps if you need to use them. You can get them with light adjusting lenses so they are good for day or night and they'll fit under all helmets. I love them. Have three pair.
Wiley's are another good option. Again, you get what you pay for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Old 03-08-2014, 08:26 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bobster, they are glasses that I can snap the arms off and click on a strap. They fit like true goggles not the strap like Wiley x. I like wearing goggles with a 3/4, but I have a pair of 7eye glasses that are better fitting and stay in place

Old 03-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Bikeagraman
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have been wearing Wiley X Rout, but then I picked up a pair of 7Eye Bora recently. Both have the removable foam eyecup to keep the wind out.

I prefer sunglasses with removable eyecups myself. The pilot goggles can look good, but only on someone else.

Quick Reply: Advice on goggles over glasses and under 3/4 helmet