Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many destinations in 2014 gps

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 03:16 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts
Default How many destinations in 2014 gps

The other Infortainment threads are full of many different subjects, so I thought I'd start a specific thread on my question.
I do not use waypoints, maybe because I don't understand how to do them or affraid I may screw up trying to enter them. All I want is point A to point B directions.

What I do for a trip is make each stop a destination. So I may have 20 to 30 destinations per trip(I do the HOG ABC's of Touring contest and stop at all county sheriffs dept's) for points. When I get to the first stop, I delete it and start the next route to the second destination etc. It works for me, so that is what I hope I can do with the H-D system. That way I can research and put in all the stops ahead of time and get it over with.
Can I do that with the H-D unit? - put 20 to 30 destinations (not the whole route) in the GPS at one time? If not how many separate destinations can I??? I know you can only put in 9 waypoints, but is a waypoint the same thing as an end stop - memory wise?
I sure don't want to have to only be able to put 6 or 7 destinations in at a time and then when those are done, put in the next 6 or 7 and on and on untill all destinations are completed - especially if it's raining out since you can't take the damn gps unit in to your motel room. That is the number one problem I have with intigrated units.
I'm beginning to think I may have made a big mistake. At least I'll take my Zumo 660 with me on my trips as a back up.

Also, can I put addresses in Garmin MapQuest or BaseCamp or even H-D Ride Planner then copy to a flash drive then into the H-D USB connector. How else could I input all those stops??? Took me a long time learning the Garmin GPS's, now I have to start all over again with the H-D set up. When will it end?