Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I rubbed the Snake oil on and drank the koolaid !

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:30 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by oakmossy
once the gas vapors ignite its all the same. No need to replace plugs other than longevity of the part. What's important is gasoline quality, electrical componants, compression, etc.
Imho.

I suppose one could say the same thing for primers and powder, once you light the powder it is all the same. But it is not.

why do the spark plug makers have the same shape plug in different heat ranges ? You know why ? To light the fuel differently. Just any old spark does it is a complete crock of stupidity or there would only be ONE spark plug for everything.

Why is combustion chamber shape and design important ? To get a good burn of the fuel. If all that has to happen is a spark to light the gas why would shape or design matter? Why would different fuel types be needed ? Why did CDI and MSD, Mallory ACCEL and all the others make hot high powered ignition systems ??? TO MAKE A HOTTER SPARK !!! Did the vehicle run better and make more power?? HECK YES Every time. Why do you suppose we do not have point and coils in our cars? or Magnetos? WHY Because someone came up with a new idea. I remember all the negative talk from those who knew jack about how the electronic ignition was no good, it burned out, was unreliable and I will stick to my dual points and Supercoil. You know most of them never even tried the "new" idea, they were just flappin their gums and if they did try they sure as heck never read any instructions, did not set them up right or said who needs a ballast resistor? The new stuff took a crap because of their ignorance. Those of us who tried and set them up correctly still had failures, especially those of us who ran a Unilite. But you know what, our cars were always the fastest and most consistent runners around. Just a bunch of un educated shadetree hillbillies making cars haul *** and being open minded enough to try "new" things.

It sure helps to make sure al other components on the bike are I proper condition to maximize what we have. Maybe just maybe a different plug helps to maximize the current combo?

With these plugs I am simply reporting what my own results have been, I cannot explain it and have no scientific proof they actually do anything beneficial at all.

But my guts and butt dyno, ears and brain tell me there is a slight positive difference.

I used to be a good hand at tuning old cars that had points and carbs on them. The vast majority of meatsocks driving the cars thought they ran fine. After I was done putting the coon tune on them they ran quite a lot better. Most of them could never tell they just nodded and said oh man it sure sounds better and off they went.

The group I ran with could instantly tell how our cars ran, we could feel the difference in power just from temp and humidity changes in the air, 1 degree or less of timing change, small changes in carburation adjustments, bad gas or even a dirty air filter. There were a few of us who could always drive someone else's car and it would be faster for us. Owners would be asking what rpm are you shifting at, how far are pushing the gas pedal down? . Heck I do not know those tings I just FEEL the moment the car has too much power off the line and pedal it, or you just feel the power start to drop before slamming the next gear. I never looked at my tach just hit the recall to see what it did afterwards.
Now I am much older and my senses are dulling and I may be wrong as can be BUT I feel there is a difference, not big but it is there. That is all I know and wanted to share with the forum. If you do not agree I say fine, if they did not work for you, fine. Stock plugs work for you, hey they worked for me too but I think these new ones work a little bit better I mike bike.

Enjoy the read all !!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Spark plugs are there for two reasons, plug a hole and provide a gap for the spark to jump. There are different types depending on the reach and/or material used. If you really want to improve their performance you need to index the plug so that the spark ignites the vapor front to provide the best burn. Why did they develop MSD and such, money and the higher the compression the greater the need for voltage to jump the gap. Nosy of the stuff was like buying monster cables, the actual wire is the same size, just the covering is larger to make it look good (and demand a higher price point).

Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Von_Zipper
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
This coming from a guy who doesn't the support the forum in any monetary fashion..............

Don't want sponsors to have a say in it? Pony up and put some money where your mouth is. This type of website ain't free.
You are missing the point in a big way. These plugs were tested comprehensively by NRHS, the test was unbiased and showed these plugs have no noticeable advantage over regular plugs. NRHS was banned after Pulstar complained. Relevant threads were removed.
Yes, no website is free. However, lots of members contribute here for free. With their knowledge. This is what keeps this kind of site alive. Your money is less important.
You could improve your manners, too, for your own sake. None of my business, really. I do not take insults from people I have no respect for. Just a friendly advice.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:28 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Von_Zipper
You are missing the point in a big way. These plugs were tested comprehensively by NRHS, the test was unbiased and showed these plugs have no noticeable advantage over regular plugs. NRHS was banned after Pulstar complained. Relevant threads were removed.
Yes, no website is free. However, lots of members contribute here for free. With their knowledge. This is what keeps this kind of site alive. Your money is less important.
You could improve your manners, too, for your own sake. None of my business, really. I do not take insults from people I have no respect for. Just a friendly advice.
Didnt know he was banned for that. He was a knowledgable guy and put forth good info. Shame.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Didnt know he was banned for that. He was a knowledgable guy and put forth good info. Shame.
Yeah I always enjoyed the information he passed along, I always wondered why he got banned.

The pulstar sponsor was a complete douch to him and anyone else that questioned his product, not to mention some of the more wild claims about his product. Just noticed that he's banned now as well.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:59 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Chester
Yeah I always enjoyed the information he passed along, I always wondered why he got banned.

The pulstar sponsor was a complete douch to him and anyone else that questioned his product, not to mention some of the more wild claims about his product. Just noticed that he's banned now as well.
Yea I went round n round with him after I wasnt pleased with his product!

Old 03-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Yea I went round n round with him after I wasnt pleased with his product!
My favorite was when he claimed that the plugs would actually lower your engine RPMs for a given speed. I never could get him to explain how that one worked.

OP I'm glad you enjoy the new plugs, I'm bashing the vendor not the product.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Yep. Stepped on his dick with that fake Dyno graph.