Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Stage IV Update - Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Malice's Mayhem
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did any of you guys have to buy new cylinders for your upgrade? The reason I ask is when they did mine, they said they were within spec, but on the high side of out of round. (Better safe than sorry) My initial thought was this a ploy to get me for another $300? The engine has 8500 miles on her at the time of rebuild and it seemed a relatively newer engine would be out of spec. I did get all my parts back so I could check (or have someone with the right tools do it). The shop has always been more than accommodating and in my opinion the best in the state. I got my upgrade under an event they had where everything was 15% off labor included. Huge savings but I am a little jealous of the $240 price tag for your dyno run as mine are $400.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:11 PM
roaddog06
Stage II

Yes I was the friend who bought the new 2014 and it was quite impressive as he passed me like I was sitting still.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:15 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Malice's Mayhem
Did any of you guys have to buy new cylinders for your upgrade? The reason I ask is when they did mine, they said they were within spec, but on the high side of out of round. (Better safe than sorry) My initial thought was this a ploy to get me for another $300? The engine has 8500 miles on her at the time of rebuild and it seemed a relatively newer engine would be out of spec. I did get all my parts back so I could check (or have someone with the right tools do it). The shop has always been more than accommodating and in my opinion the best in the state. I got my upgrade under an event they had where everything was 15% off labor included. Huge savings but I am a little jealous of the $240 price tag for your dyno run as mine are $400.
Yep. The Stage IV kit includes the new cylinders, pistons, throttle body, etc.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Malice's Mayhem
Cruiser

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...toPV4J9TwAHQ-Q

Page 51 on paper or page 49 on the PDF shows the 92500005 kit they installed in mine. It's weird that it seems they only include the cylinders if you do the big bore kits. (I had to go double check after your last post) What kit(part number) did you go with Rich? The 92500011? I use to think I could read pretty well until I open up one HD's catalogs... :-) Let me know what you think or am i reading something wrong?

Old 03-10-2014, 04:44 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Malice's Mayhem
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...toPV4J9TwAHQ-Q

Page 51 on paper or page 49 on the PDF shows the 92500005 kit they installed in mine. It's weird that it seems they only include the cylinders if you do the big bore kits. (I had to go double check after your last post) What kit(part number) did you go with Rich? The 92500011? I use to think I could read pretty well until I open up one HD's catalogs... :-) Let me know what you think or am i reading something wrong?
My bad. You are absolutely right Tommy. They installed the 92500011 on mine, which includes the heads and not the cylinder jugs. Two different animals. According to my review of the two, you should come out with even better numbers!

Oh, and you're not out any extra money are you? Didn't yours come with the tuner? If it did, it's a wash.

Last edited by SoZoomMe; 03-10-2014 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Malice's Mayhem
Cruiser

My bad. You are absolutely right Tommy. They installed the 92500011 on mine, which includes the heads and not the cylinder jugs. Two different animals. According to my review of the two, you should come out with even better numbers!

Oh, and you're not out any extra money are you? Didn't yours come with the tuner? If it did, it's a wash.
They charged me $300 for the new cylinders, but yes, it came with a tuner. I really can't complain... The total packaged from my doorstep to the shop's and then mine again involved: Picked up and delivery of my bike (90 miles one way), installed the 92500005 stage IV kit, the stage I breather, V&H pipe and tips, the RH chrome switch housing and switches, a Kuryakyn hitch and wired it, and tightened up my front end (which involved removing the wing to get to the tree) all for $5k. (the italics are parts I paid for prior to and not part of the final bill, just installation costs)

PS it was 43 and fairly dry roads today... WOOT!WOOT!

Old 03-10-2014, 07:33 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

62 degrees here today. roaddog06 and I put a little over 100 miles on our bikes. Took a nice ride with lots of twisties and four switchbacks. Bring on the warm weather!!!

Old 03-10-2014, 07:37 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
Yep. The Stage IV kit includes the new cylinders, pistons, throttle body, etc.
Off subject question, I put an extreme A/C on my bike, it looks really big, is this an issue? I haven't ridden yet do to pot holes and cold weather, but in a couple of weeks i'm going to take it out!

Old 03-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Malice's Mayhem
Cruiser

62 degrees here today. roaddog06 and I put a little over 100 miles on our bikes. Took a nice ride with lots of twisties and four switchbacks. Bring on the warm weather!!!
Ha! Keep the rubber side down! Can't wait!

I'm curious about the extreme also. I kept the stock cover for more of the "sleeper" look but after seeing it on your's I really like the looks of it. After the mod, mine sticks out enough to where it may get annoying on the long hauls, but we'll see.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:02 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

The Extreme Ventilator is large, but it does not get in the way at all. I love the look.

Here is a larger pic.

Last edited by SoZoomMe; 03-10-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: SE Stage IV Update - Installed