Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Stage IV Update - Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 08:15 PM
EdandGrace
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
Finally temps are warming. In the 50's on Monday the 10th and am having the tune in the afternoon. If good numbers I'll let you know.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:31 PM
SG_Jim
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, great numbers! Hopefully someday I can do the same with mine.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:37 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdandGrace
Finally temps are warming. In the 50's on Monday the 10th and am having the tune in the afternoon. If good numbers I'll let you know.
Awesome. Hope you come out with some great numbers!

Old 03-07-2014, 09:39 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SG_Jim
Wow, great numbers! Hopefully someday I can do the same with mine.
Thanks. This is my third Harley and I have put some money in each of them. This was by far my best investment yet. Good luck.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Leaning HOG
Stage IV
Talking

Great numbers, I did the same upgrade on my 2013 FLHR last month and I am in the break in period to have the bike tuned. It made a huge difference even without the tune. It really wakes the bike up. I ride 2up most of the time and now the bike has ample power, it is money well spent.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:26 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Leaning HOG
Great numbers, I did the same upgrade on my 2013 FLHR last month and I am in the break in period to have the bike tuned. It made a huge difference even without the tune. It really wakes the bike up. I ride 2up most of the time and now the bike has ample power, it is money well spent.
Thanks. I rode 2up until my wife decided she wanted to learn to ride. I bought her a FatBoy Lo last year and she has turned into quite the little rider. Good luck with your tune!

Old 03-08-2014, 04:42 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Here's a (crappy cell phone) pic of the Monster Squared slips.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Malice's Mayhem
Cruiser

You guys are making me grin ear to ear right now with the numbers you speak of!!! I had the 103 Stage IV (race) upgrade with V&H HO Pro pipe with Monster Rounds done this winter and the only time I've heard it run was when the where loading it up to deliver it. I can't wait for Old Man Winter to GTFO of here so I can start logging at least 1000 miles on her and then have it tuned.
One question I had for y'all is: How's the low end torque? I've heard that the are kinda doggy starting out and comes to life at 5500 rpm. Thoughts or experience?
I traded my ZX-14 in on my bagger, and to be quite honest, i miss getting the front end off of the ground. (yes I know "it's a bagger" but damnit I can have my cake and eat it too!)
As far a MPG, a friend of mine pulls a camper with his 103 Stage III and claims he gets better now than stock.
Anyway, have a great time riding these monsters!

Last edited by Malice's Mayhem; 03-08-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Malice's Mayhem
You guys are making me grin ear to ear right now with the numbers you speak of!!! I had the 103 Stage IV (race) upgrade with V&H HO Pro pipe with Monster Rounds done this winter and the only time I've heard it run was when the where loading it up to deliver it. I can't wait for Old Man Winter to GTFO of here so it can start logging at least 1000 miles on her and then have it tuned.
One question I had for y'all is: How's the low end torque? I've heard that the are kinda doggy starting out and comes to life at 5500 rpm. Thoughts or experience?
I traded my ZX-14 in on my bagger, and to be quite honest, i miss getting the front end off of the ground. (yes I know "it's a bagger" but damnit I can have my cake and eat it too!)
As far a MPG, a friend of mine pulls a camper with his 103 Stage III and claims he gets better now than stock.
Anyway, have a great time riding these monsters!
With the Stage IV Race, you are going to be the one with the monster! You can look at my dyno sheet in the first post and see where the low end torque hits, it's at 100 ft-lbs at about 2750 rpms and peaks at quite a bit earlier than 5500. What several people at the dealership told me was that I was going to have to keep the revs around 3250 or the motor would bog. Nope, wrong answer. They were basing that assumption on the fact that all of the other Stage IV builds they have done were with the V&H Hi-Output slip ons. The Monster Squared I used added needed back pressure and I can cruise (if I can make my throttle wrist behave) at 2250 all day with no bogging at all. I would think with your Rounds you will get similar results. They are going to start using the same slip ons on all of their spec bikes, and recommend them for people asking for the build.

I don't have the ***** to try it, but the tech who did the build said it would pull the front wheel if I want to.

As to mileage, one of my buddies picked up his new Limited last Saturday when I picked up my bike (both with full tanks). When we got back from our ride today, he had a little less than 1/4 tank and I had just over 1/4 tank left. Now, we all know that the fuel gauges are not the most accurate things; that being said, I think it's a good indicator of things to come.

Good luck with your tune, and stay safe.

Last edited by SoZoomMe; 03-08-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Malice's Mayhem
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
With the Stage IV Race, you are going to be the one with the monster! You can look at my dyno sheet in the first post and see where the low end torque hits, it's at 100 ft-lbs at about 2750 rpms and peaks at quite a bit earlier than 5500. What several people at the dealership told me was that I was going to have to keep the revs around 3250 or the motor would bog. Nope, wrong answer. They were basing that assumption on the fact that all of the other Stage IV builds they have done were with the V&H Hi-Output slip ons. The Monster Squared I used added needed back pressure and I can cruise (if I can make my throttle wrist behave) at 2250 all day with no bogging at all. I would think with your Rounds you will get similar results. They are going to start using the same slip ons on all of their spec bikes, and recommend them for people asking for the build.

I don't have the ***** to try it, but the tech who did the build said it would pull the front wheel if I want to.

As to mileage, one of my buddies picked up his new Limited last Saturday when I picked up my bike (both with full tanks). When we got back from our ride today, he had a little less than 1/4 tank and I had just over 1/4 tank left. Now, we all know that the fuel gauges are not the most accurate things; that being said, I think it's a good indicator of things to come.

Good luck with your tune, and stay safe.
That's good news on the MPG! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be my own worst enemy with my right wrist ;-).
Initially, I wanted the Monster Squared but they ran into a snag with clearance after they put my hitch on. I love the sound they produce but the rounds aren't bad either just not as loooow.

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: SE Stage IV Update - Installed