Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Stage IV Update - Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:23 PM
EdandGrace
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default clutch

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
I was lucky and got in at the end of their "Winter Special."

I also ordered a clutch, the new SE A&S Clutch. $512 installed.
Curious why you are putting a new clutch in? How will it differ from stock or stock with the new clutch spring?

Old 03-06-2014, 04:36 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdandGrace
Curious why you are putting a new clutch in? How will it differ from stock or stock with the new clutch spring?
The A&S (Adjust and Slip) clutch is supposed to be a significant upgrade over stock, even with the heavier spring. Increased torque handling, improved engagement grip, and minor slippage on downshifting to reduce shock to the power train. It is also supposed to reduce grip effort by one pound and have improved plates for less wear.

Maybe I just drank the Kool-Aid from the catalog?

Old 03-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by continentaldrifter
i notice a big difference but was expecting a little better bottom end. I was hoping that once it goes on the dyno, i would hope to see numbers close to you.....Only difference between yours and mine is most of my riding is above 6000'
I've been a big fan of the stage IV kit, ever since it was redesigned with SE259 cams and ported stock (bathtub) heads. The older stage IV kit had se260 cams, and large chamber, CVO style heads. Is it possible that you got one of the older kits? They made more overall power, but at the expense of low rpm torque.

I built my 107 around the new stage IV heads, along with woods TW8 cams, SE throttle body, 10.75 CP pistons, VP clutch upgrades (necessary), and tuned with tts. It pulls hard right off idle, the only downside is the increased top end noise, due to the agressive cams, and forged pistons.

I wouldn't put much stock in comparing dyno charts from a stage IV kit to somebody else's 107 build, unless they were tuned and measured on the same dyno on the same day. Even something as simple as fan placement in the dyno room can influence your numbers (ie pulling off the air cleaner and pointing a huge "cooling fan" directly at the throttle body).

Old 03-06-2014, 12:26 PM
yokdriver
Tourer

Damn thats a impressive upgrade now I think I might have to do that as well. I did notice on the dyno that the new redline for the bike is 7k rpm is that correct?

Old 03-06-2014, 03:08 PM
BigDave75
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yokdriver
Damn thats a impressive upgrade now I think I might have to do that as well. I did notice on the dyno that the new redline for the bike is 7k rpm is that correct?

They told me it was 6200 if I remember correctly.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:17 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by yokdriver
Yeah, you read it right. I'm going to have Pat put the limiter back to 6250. I don't want to accidentally blow the thing up.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
EdandGrace
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
The A&S (Adjust and Slip) clutch is supposed to be a significant upgrade over stock, even with the heavier spring. Increased torque handling, improved engagement grip, and minor slippage on downshifting to reduce shock to the power train. It is also supposed to reduce grip effort by one pound and have improved plates for less wear.

Maybe I just drank the Kool-Aid from the catalog?
Thanks. There goes another $500.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:40 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by EdandGrace
Thanks. There goes another $500.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:36 AM
neverdone111
6th Gear

Congrats. I had the same thing done to my 13 glide. The only difference is I have the V-H 2into 1 hi-output pro pipe. Came out with a little higher numbers. 121 hp and 118 tq. A friend had his glide done( with true duels) 117hp 120tq. Only rode home (18mi) but wow what a difference. Going to make the bike a lot more fun to ride.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:42 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by neverdone
Congrats. I had the same thing done to my 13 glide. The only difference is I have the V-H 2into 1 hi-output pro pipe. Came out with a little higher numbers. 121 hp and 118 tq. A friend had his glide done( with true duels) 117hp 120tq. Only rode home (18mi) but wow what a difference. Going to make the bike a lot more fun to ride.
No doubt. It makes a huge difference. Congrats on your results.

Quick Reply: SE Stage IV Update - Installed