Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Stage IV Update - Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 07:16 PM
dave51
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
That would be awesome. My buddies have been teasing me, saying, "you might be able to pass us, but you won't be able to pass a gas station."
Your going to love it. I have the stage4 also with 118 hp and 115 tq and get 45 mpg riding sane and 38-40 hammering. Throttle response is insane. Got 8000 miles on mine and zero problems. Enjoy the ride it's a hoot

Old 03-03-2014, 07:17 PM
EdandGrace
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice. Good for you. Nice looking bike. Did the same kit with my 13 SG last week. Waiting for the temps to warm for the dyno tune. Then wait for the temps to warm, snow to melt and sand to wash away. If I get numbers close to you, I will really appreciate the warmer weather.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:06 PM
continentaldrifter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

good for you dude....those number look pretty impreressive....i have a question....I did my stage Iv and am still under 1000 mile break in on install.....do you feel a difference between , after the breaking in stage IV and after the dyno/tuning? I ask because, i notice a big difference but was expecting a little better bottom end. I was hoping that once it goes on the dyno, i would hope to see numbers close to you.....Only difference between yours and mine is most of my riding is above 6000' and a 2/1 D&D exhaust.....btw...LOVE the white SG !!! have fun

Old 03-04-2014, 03:28 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dave51
Your going to love it. I have the stage4 also with 118 hp and 115 tq and get 45 mpg riding sane and 38-40 hammering. Throttle response is insane. Got 8000 miles on mine and zero problems. Enjoy the ride it's a hoot
That's great to hear! The riding sane thing will be the trick. Thanks!

Old 03-04-2014, 03:32 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by EdandGrace
Very nice. Good for you. Nice looking bike. Did the same kit with my 13 SG last week. Waiting for the temps to warm for the dyno tune. Then wait for the temps to warm, snow to melt and sand to wash away. If I get numbers close to you, I will really appreciate the warmer weather.
Congrats! The weather down here is crappy enough, I can't imagine what you are dealing with.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:43 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by continentaldrifter
good for you dude....those number look pretty impreressive....i have a question....I did my stage Iv and am still under 1000 mile break in on install.....do you feel a difference between , after the breaking in stage IV and after the dyno/tuning? I ask because, i notice a big difference but was expecting a little better bottom end. I was hoping that once it goes on the dyno, i would hope to see numbers close to you.....Only difference between yours and mine is most of my riding is above 6000' and a 2/1 D&D exhaust.....btw...LOVE the white SG !!! have fun
Thanks! I didn't do the break in. Pat had the bike for over a week and did five heat/cool cycles on the dyno in 100 miles before the tune. He assured me that would seat the rings properly (I certainly hope so anyway). While you are running at higher altitude, the D&D might give you some of that back. Please post your results after the dyno.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:06 AM
BigDave75
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the Stage IV on my 2013 103" at the end of last summer, I have the V&H X header with Reinhart 4 inch mufflers and a Roland Sands air cleaner. I did the screamin eagle download (flash) and did not do the dyno and race tuner yet. So I am scheduling that to be done in the next few weeks. I have about 600 miles on the build and 2000 miles total on the bike.

So far no issues, the bike sounds great, pulls hard and gas mileage loss was minimal. But I do know there is a lot more power to be be had with the Dyno tune.

If I get the same numbers as you I will be completely stoked! Thanks for the info.

Dave

Last edited by BigDave75; 03-04-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:45 AM
continentaldrifter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Both the dealers within 200 miles of us wouldnt take the bike until it has 1000 miles on the new kit.....few more to go

Old 03-04-2014, 11:29 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dave51
What kind of build do you have to get your numbers? Mines in transition as I speak.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:48 PM
BigDave75
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by continentaldrifter
Both the dealers within 200 miles of us wouldnt take the bike until it has 1000 miles on the new kit.....few more to go

Yeah I need some damn sunshine and I'll get the rest in one day!

Quick Reply: SE Stage IV Update - Installed