Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 429 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing

Thinking about a batwing fairing, probably Reckless, maybe another brand.

Not too keen on adding all the gauges, prefer something simpler that I can easily remove when I decide to trade in my bike. Don't think I really need a stereo, just two speakers, amp, ipod interface.

Please post what you got, and what you like/dislike about it. Also, what you use to play your tunes.

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2014, 05:58 PM
roadking531
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dragonfly. Had it on since '08 and have been super happy.

Attached Thumbnails Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-image.jpg  
Old 03-01-2014, 06:03 PM
roadking531
Tourer

Clarion marine head unit, I can get a model number if you. It has Bluetooth that you can play pandora, I heart radio, or you playlist wireless from your iPhone. That is real handy to not have to plug in. I can put the phone in the tour pack on the charger and go.

Attached Thumbnails Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-image.jpg  
Old 03-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by roadking531
Clarion marine head unit, I can get a model number if you. It has Bluetooth that you can play pandora, I heart radio, or you playlist wireless from your iPhone. That is real handy to not have to plug in. I can put the phone in the tour pack on the charger and go.
Thanks for posting! Very nice bike, BTW! I love that paint job.

What was it about the Dragonfly that sold you? did you look at others before you got this one?

Also, were you able to install it without removing your nacelle?

Old 03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
roadking531
Tourer

Thanks for the kudos on the bike.

I looked at dead center and hoppe, but really liked the 6x9 speakers and that look for the dash. At the time, there were less offerings and the quality of this fairing was one of the best. Now there are so many options and prices are much more competitive, so I would try to see as many in person to decide.
Installation does not require removing the nacelle.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a Deadcenter and I'm really happy with it.
I have the Sony DSX 100 stereo, it has an internal tray for a iPod and displays the iPod info. I run this through a ARC 125.2 amp and polk speakers.
It has great sound but if I'm riding a long time, especially highway riding I use earbuds, I don't want to lose any more hearing than I have already.
Most of the aftermarket fairings are good however I have read a lot of customer service and delivery problems with Dragonfly. The guys with them really like them but there seems to be a big delivery problem.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by booch
I have a Deadcenter and I'm really happy with it.
I have the Sony DSX 100 stereo, it has an internal tray for a iPod and displays the iPod info. I run this through a ARC 125.2 amp and polk speakers.
It has great sound but if I'm riding a long time, especially highway riding I use earbuds, I don't want to lose any more hearing than I have already.
Most of the aftermarket fairings are good however I have read a lot of customer service and delivery problems with Dragonfly. The guys with them really like them but there seems to be a big delivery problem.

Nice bike!
Are those 14" apes?
What are those gauges and where did you get them; air temp and clock?

Old 03-01-2014, 08:54 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
Nice bike!
Are those 14" apes?
What are those gauges and where did you get them; air temp and clock?
10" Yaffe MBB, they are about the same height as most 12" bars
The clock and air temp are from formation, they are on the web or you can get them at JP cycle. The air temp is useless but it balances out the clock.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by booch
10" Yaffe MBB, they are about the same height as most 12" bars
The clock and air temp are from formation, they are on the web or you can get them at JP cycle. The air temp is useless but it balances out the clock.
Cool - Thanks!
I have the 10" OEM Monkey Bars.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:28 PM
bucknit21
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the Reckless on my bike. Had it since last year and really like it.

I had Reckless paint the fairing and it is almost a perfect match for the bike. Only complaint I had about the fairing was that it was kind of difficult to get the mounts lined up and tightened down on the bike. Other than that the quality and paint was awesome for the money, highly recommend it.

I got the fairing with the four 5.25" speakers instead of the two 6x9"s and have been really happy with that. I'm currently running a Kenwood marine head unit, Polk MM521 speakers, and going to be installing a Soundstream PN4.520D Amp next weekend. I had a Rockford Fosgate amp and the setup sounded fantastic. With the Soundstream amps you lose FM reception so that's the only downfall. Only thing I would have done differently was install a headunit with bluetooth capabilities so I could play music off my phone. Right now I just use a USB flash drive and put all of my music on that. Overall I love the setup and can hear my music going down the interstate perfect.

Attached Thumbnails Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-img_0315.jpg   Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-img_0312.jpg   Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-img_0233.jpg  

Quick Reply: Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing