Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fullsac black

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Fullsac black

I'm getting one this summer and I'm gonna have mine chromed.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:14 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Manish_Hawg
I'm getting one this summer and I'm gonna have mine chromed.
The problem with that is the heat shield doesn't cover very much of it at all so it will end up looking pretty ugly. Right now your stock heat shield covers most of that rear header so you don't see it, but once it's just the small S piece you see a lot of it. Take off the rear right side shield and see if you like how it looks up there and my guess is you won't. So IMHO it's silly to spend the $$ to have it chromed when it's just going to turn nasty looking on you and you'll have no way to cover it.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just painted my back cylinder Fallsac pipe black. I picked up the high temperature, 1200 degree, paint at my local Advance Auto Parts store. It cost around six bucks. I roughed up the stock finish with some fine sandpaper and then put two coats of the paint on it. I let it dry in the warm sun for two days before installing it today. I have to agree with RonH that it does make the pipe look better andit isless conspicuous then the dull silver finish that came from Fallsac. Thanks for the idea RonH...

Ride safe...

Old 03-27-2007, 11:52 AM
RonH
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Lil Truckr
I just painted my back cylinder Fallsac pipe black. I picked up the high temperature, 1200 degree, paint at my local Advance Auto Parts store. It cost around six bucks. I roughed up the stock finish with some fine sandpaper and then put two coats of the paint on it. I let it dry in the warm sun for two days before installing it today. I have to agree with RonH that it does make the pipe look better and it is less conspicuous then the dull silver finish that came from Fallsac. Thanks for the idea RonH...
Ride safe...
Warm sun???? ha ha ha - I had to put mine in front of a space heater!
Glad it worked for you. I fired mine up a couple days later and man it smoked like a BBQ! Guess it takes a while for that high heat paint to settle in .... sure looks better

Old 03-27-2007, 06:53 PM
ricaroo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you think it would work just taking off the heat shield and painting it in place? Just a thought

Old 03-27-2007, 07:07 PM
77Tulsa
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am running the torres concept true dual. http://www.tccbiker.com/buy.html. it comes with chrome pipes and heat shields for $240.00 so there is no graying of the pipes.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
RonH
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ricaroo
Do you think it would work just taking off the heat shield and painting it in place? Just a thought
I thought of that first, and it might be easier. But I needed to reposition the exhaust anyway to get proper clearance on my left sidecover. There are a lot of curves in that piece and it's a tight fit too - dunno if you could get all the surface painted really well just masking off the surrounding area. Might end up being as much trouble as just pulling the dumb thing.....

Old 04-02-2007, 06:27 PM
parakiller
Road Captain

Ok,

Steve at Fullsac has some stock of the BLACK true dual pipes. I told him i was going to paint mine black and he said that he would run some thru with the black finish on them for me. Give him a call he should have them next week! Not sure on the price...give him a shout.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:05 PM
parakiller
Road Captain

bump

Old 04-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The problem with that is the heat shield doesn't cover very much of it at all so it will end up looking pretty ugly. Right now your stock heat shield covers most of that rear header so you don't see it, but once it's just the small S piece you see a lot of it. Take off the rear right side shield and see if you like how it looks up there and my guess is you won't. So IMHO it's silly to spend the $$ to have it chromed when it's just going to turn nasty looking on you and you'll have no way to cover it.
So the piece that RonH has painted black, will turn colors if I chrome it due to the heat is this correct? If the answer is yes, then what other colors do they have other than black? Or should I just ask, do they have Black Cherry color?

Quick Reply: Fullsac black