Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-rex exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:00 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: T-rex exhaust

Ihad a set. Look at my signature pic at the bend in the pipe. See the nice crack. Story is that the chrome covers are welded to the pipes. mine cracked. called the manufacturer over and over and over. E-mailed them even more. No response...period!! if they won't even return your call, whats the use in giving them your business. They are a great looking pipe, extremly LOUD !! They would still be on my bike but I didn't like the look of the two peice chrome cover[:@]. I have gotten at least 10 e-mails from members here who were going to get them but changed their minds. So that's at least $7000.00 dollars they have lost.I hope I can cost them lots more. Installed Reinharts added 5 hp/tq. and can now hear my radio when riding!!

Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 AM
2006streetglide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of T-rex's and I like them. To date I have not had any issues with them but if mine cracked too I wouldn't be happy either. However, I'd do what I could do to get another set of them. I love the looks and sound (even though they are loud - but I like that!) and it would be difficult for me to get anything else IF I had too.

Here is a link of my SG running with the T-Rex's. The sound of them appears to be a bit muffled but you can tell they got a unique and powerfull note to them. >> http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...0SG%20Running/

[IMG]local://upfiles/5541/7DACA049C9B047DD9A9FA65586EB43C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-22-2007, 07:57 AM
jmorton10
Road Captain

I guess I want to know if you know this from experince or not? I have heard alot of people hammering on BH. I have also seen a post about a crack.
Yea, it's from experience.

I haven't personally owned a set(I think they're butt-ugly & they're WAY too loud IMHO), but a good friend of mine had them & ended up throwing them in the trash after they fell apart & he couldn't get them replaced.

~John

Old 03-22-2007, 10:06 AM
MiniMe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jmorton10

T-Rex products are junk & their customer service blows.........

~John
What he said, and this is spoken from experience.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
rollover
Road Captain

Also experienced the cracking chrome and the sh#t customer service. Damn things cost me return shipping to get rid of them. Guess it was money well spent after all just to be rid of them. Now have Fat Cats and when I had an issue with one of the heat shields, it was replaced immediately with no questions asked. That's how customer service should be if you actually stand behind your product.

ORIGINAL: Indianspringsaz

ORIGINAL: jmorton10

I have see a post on here about a crack or something. I would think that could happen to any pipes.
True, but the difference is other manufacturers repair/replace their pipes when this happens -if you have T-Rex you're screwed.

~John
I guess I want to know if you know this from experince or not? I have heard alot of people hammering on BH. I have also seen a post about a crack. Mostly heard good things like look and sound awesome.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I know from experince, JUNK[:@]
DO NOT PURCHASE THESE PIPES.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Seavee
Intermediate

Do a search T REX is a total piece of Sheeeeeet. Dont waste your money. I got Screwed, dont let it happen to you. Trust us 2 or 3 luckey customers dont make up for all of us that have bought junk from them. DONT LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU. I would never endorse a product that is not backed by the manufacturer CLAMPS OR NO CLAMPS.