Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok what are the differences between lower fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Bearcat1
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boosting1bar
Any chance you've got a part number handy for those? I picked up my SGS yesterday and that's next on my list to get. Thanks!
What color Special do you have? Part number depends on the color.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If I had a Vivid Black bike I think I would give the eBay lowers a try since they come pre painted in vivid black. But since I would have to buy the lowers and pay my painter to get them in Charcoal Pearl my cost savings real drops. $150 to $175 for lowers and $200 to $300 for paint I'm at $400 or so. I'm going to call Surdyke HD and see what my cost is shipped.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

OK so Surdyke quoted me $642.50 for the color matched shipped to the house with about a 5 week time frame. The penny pincher says to order off ebay and save $250 but the perfectionist sayd get the HD ones so you know the quality is top notch...lol For those that ordered off ebay what company or seller did you buy from? Or does anyone know a dealer that would sell the HD lowers even cheaper?

Old 02-26-2014, 02:08 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

This is what I did. I called Mutazu (510-483-3658) and speak to Gina. They sell the lowers on both ebay and directly from their company. I asked Gina to look at the set that's going to be shipped to me and to ensure that there aren't any scratches or anything on them. Also, I mentioned that I'm a member of this forum and she knocked off 10%. I think the delivery time was about a week. The lowers are not shipped with instructions but I used the HD Instructions. Also, I bought the CVO grills (they're like $26 each).

The lowers weren't a full gloss but I shined them up using, Turtle Wax Black Detailer spray. Right now, they look exactly like my painted inner fairing.

Mutazu sells 2 types of lowes. 1 I guess is not for speakers (but I honestly don't know why anyone would want this type). The 2nd is known as the 6.5 inch speakers. It actually comes with a set of speakers. The 6.5 inch speaker fits into the speaker pod. So all I had to add was my 6.5 inch DB651 & the CVO grill.

But some feel more comfortable buying the HD plastic. Whatever makes folks sleep well at night.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

I really didn't even think about the speaker option on the lowers until this last post. If I went with the speaker pod version does anyone know just who you would connect the speakers to the head unit on the 2014 bikes? I'm guessing you can tie into the wireing that would normally run back to the rear speakers on the limited.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:55 PM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
I really didn't even think about the speaker option on the lowers until this last post. If I went with the speaker pod version does anyone know just who you would connect the speakers to the head unit on the 2014 bikes? I'm guessing you can tie into the wireing that would normally run back to the rear speakers on the limited.
Go to the "Audio" Section here on the forum. there is all the info you want there on hooking up the speakers plus some.

You've got me thinking about buying the lowers for my bike now.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:32 PM
ThisIsCrazy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So the 2014 lowers don't come with a glove box door. That part number is 57100102 and you'll need two of them.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:03 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsCrazy
So the 2014 lowers don't come with a glove box door. That part number is 57100102 and you'll need two of them.
i think you might be wrong there. in looking at the parts breakdown, items 18 and 19 are the glovebox assemblies (left and right), and are complete. stranger things have happened, but i can't imagine that they would sell a replacement part as complete, but not when you buy the whole assembly they short you 1 part.

i know that on the 2013 and earlier, the description says that the glove box doors are sold separately, but they come with a 'cover' that is held on with 4 snaps.

i'd like to see the instruction sheet for the part, but the p&a website says 'part not found' for that stock number

Attached Thumbnails Ok what are the differences between lower fairings?-lower.jpg  

Last edited by skratch; 02-26-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:13 PM
ThisIsCrazy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
i think you might be wrong there. in looking at the parts breakdown, items 18 and 19 are the glovebox assemblies (left and right), and are complete. stranger things have happened, but i can't imagine that they would sell a replacement part as complete, but not when you buy the whole assembly they short you 1 part.

i know that on the 2013 and earlier, the description says that the glove box doors are sold separately, but they come with a 'cover' that is held on with 4 snaps.

i'd like to see the instruction sheet for the part, but the p&a website says 'part not found' for that stock number
I'm going off an inquiry I made to kutterharleyonline.com. The P&A catalog states that "Glove Box Doors are sold separately" and I asked them if that was true. They stated yes and that you have to order the doors separately. They gave me that part number which does come up as "Door, Glove box".

Old 02-26-2014, 06:16 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

$575 from Kutter shipped for the 14 style.

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/se...archsmall_4920

The China lowers are OK if you don't have to get 'em painted but not worth it if paint is involved and I have them. No matter where you get them from the after market ones are all the same and come from the same place in China. And don't forget the $50 in hardware you'll end up buying to get them on right cause the stuff they come with is trash. Stuff adds up.

Quick Reply: Ok what are the differences between lower fairings?