Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really like my 06 Street Glide except for that dang

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Towpro
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I really like my 06 Street Glide except for that dang

ORIGINAL: mrsr71

ORIGINAL: Towpro

I just installed the air baffle......works like they said.
Can you provide the part number[sm=feedback.gif]

Dan
part # 58520-79TC

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: tgaetto

Check out the other threads I would run a tap in the threads b-4 installing the baffle due to the threads being coated.

As for the heat, just another 20 for HD, kinda like making the hole bigger on the tube of toothpaste.........................more profit! It used to be stock.
I agree. Why give it for free when you can sell for $20 after the fact. Kind of like that exhaust pipe cover they sell to cover that exposed pipe under the brake pedal. Just the MoCo making a buck.

Primo

Old 03-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running Front Fork Air Baffle.

It works great.

I've found "no" issue with engine heat with or with out the baffle.

Just remeber to chase out the lower triple trees with a 1/4x20 cleaning tap, to break loose any dirt/grit and especially any over powder coating before putting the new bolts into the holes!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:03 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put the air baffle on mine along with the Harley fairing wind deflectors. It definately helps. I did not chase the threads, but they needed it. I just sprayed on some wd-40. That softend up the paint a little. I'm running an 8 inch wind shield and may go higher still.If I have to go past 9", I'll have to go with clear.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:18 PM
dwk
4th Gear

Well, I have that problem in spades. I have an '06 ElectraGlide with a TLE sidecar and I have a wicked updraft behind the fairing, particularly noticeable on the driver's right side. I have that spoon shaped deflector as well since it is the fork anchor for the steering damper. I am going to have a set of lowers installed this spring but if anyone out there can shed some light on this rotten updraft problem, I would surely appreciate the help.
Don

Old 03-22-2007, 12:38 AM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

This is to stress that you never throw anything away. On my 1999 Electra Glide I replaced the stock black air baffle with a chrome one. After reading this thread Iremembered that hey I still have the black air baffle I took off my 99. Well I went out and sure enough MoCo doesn't put that part on the 07's. On the Street Glide I have already started to black stuff out and now I have a black air baffle that has beenwaiting around for 8 years to be put back into service. Thanks SLY for starting this thread, now I can't wait to go try it out and see if it does in fact reduce the air flow up from under the fairing. I never rode the 99 without that part so I never noticed the air flow.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:08 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

One of the best solutions for this problem for most models is the HD chrome wind deflector mounted on the forks: http://*******.com/yvtvau

I had these on my RK and they worked very well, but unfortunately they aren't earmarked for SG's. I have thought about trying to modify a pair to fit the SG, and I don't know why you couldn't do it. It would require some cutting, mostly a slit to allow passage of the wires and perhaps some trimming to fit the rounded, smaller SG chrome upright bar the turn signals are attached to. Otherwise, I can't see a problem with installing one on an SG. I have some old, worn spares here and might play around with a pair.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:31 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: iclick

One of the best solutions for this problem for most models is the HD chrome wind deflector mounted on the forks: http://*******.com/yvtvau

I had these on my RK and they worked very well, but unfortunately they aren't earmarked for SG's. I have thought about trying to modify a pair to fit the SG, and I don't know why you couldn't do it. It would require some cutting, mostly a slit to allow passage of the wires and perhaps some trimming to fit the rounded, smaller SG chrome upright bar the turn signals are attached to. Otherwise, I can't see a problem with installing one on an SG. I have some old, worn spares here and might play around with a pair.
Let us know how that works out. I would love to have a pair on my SG. I been thinking of getting some and trying to make them work.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:26 AM
noturstandardglide
Intermediate

Can someone post a front end pic of these puppies installed?

Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 AM
sly
Intermediate

jeez, I just buzzed all my hair off as it was standing straiht up when I rode my SG( I was scary lookin) guess I`ll ride over to my local HD shop and spend $20 and grow my hair back...well anyway whats left to grow back LOL !.... hope that baffle does the job, as that updraft sucks... I had a 87 classic way back in the day and I don`t remember having the "hat staying on problem" and it had that baffle back then.. thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: I really like my 06 Street Glide except for that dang