Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets and Communication

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 10:45 PM
Billfishin2
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tOSUSteve
Have read great reviews of http://www.edsets.com/ as well

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

I've been using headsets for quite some time. The HD sets are OK, but I prefer the J&M headsets, sound is better and I like the two piece cords for ease of getting on and off. I also have the CB microphone and use that when traveling with friends that also use the CB for communication. We like BSing about what we're seeing, sights, cars, old building and gas stations etc...
EDsets are great also, nothing but good things that I've heard about Ed...

FWIW, I also like Fulmer helmets for headsets, the speaker hole in the ear section are larger and deeper. nothing worse than speakers pressing on your ear, after about 300 miles it's a killer....I use mostly 3/4 helmets with headsets. When wearing a half helmet is when th3e CB mic shines

Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 AM
spf62
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I would rather not communicate that much with the OL while riding!!
Don't need to be distracted by nonsense talk...believe we communicate enough when we get off

Old 02-25-2014, 06:09 AM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I added the Harley CB to my SG and I use the J and M headset with my half helmet. I first bought the one that is specifically made for the half helmet, but it hurt my ears like the harley half helmet headset did. I have since bought a Vega XTA Touring helmet that has the built in speaker pods in the helmet. I have not been able to use it yet, but I did a quick test fit on the bike and they felt good. Just for info, I think this is the model number for the J and M one I bought: HS-ECD629-OF-HO. As long as the clip in the one I posed is the same, then it will work. I dont know how they get the clip to fit between the foam and the shell so I just attached mine to the straps that make a triangle by the ear and then go to one strap to make the chin strap.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:09 AM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have thoughts on the Chatterbox systems that alot of the Rice Rocket bikes use?
I have had alot of them tell me that system is really nice and has both bluetooth versions and wired.And bike to bike coms work really well..
I have an SG and tote the wife around alot and sure would be nice to have a simple system to chat with her...

Old 02-25-2014, 06:24 AM
VB2KDH
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 269 Likes on 89 Posts

Suggest checking out HD Behind the Head comuinication set by Freeridemotorsports as listed on eBay for $39.99. Several of my friends have and really like them. Even though I have 2 HD sets which have only been used one time, I ordered two of the others yesterday. HD sets will be up for sale if I like the behind the head sets.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:35 AM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by VB2KDH
Suggest checking out HD Behind the Head comuinication set by Freeridemotorsports as listed on eBay for $39.99. Several of my friends have and really like them. Even though I have 2 HD sets which have only been used one time, I ordered two of the others yesterday. HD sets will be up for sale if I like the behind the head sets.
Can you use this system with helmets?

Old 02-25-2014, 06:55 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

The latest and greatest available soon, if you are interested...http://senabluetooth.com/product/intercoms/20s/

Old 02-25-2014, 06:56 AM
DesertDweller
Advanced

Originally Posted by petdoc94
Anyone have thoughts on the Chatterbox systems that a lot of the Rice Rocket bikes use?
I have had a lot of them tell me that system is really nice and has both bluetooth versions and wired.And bike to bike coms work really well..
I have an SG and tote the wife around alot and sure would be nice to have a simple system to chat with her...
I have used the chatterbox. It works good bike to bike or passenger. Can also connect audio in for music or GPS. The only downside is it can only talk to other chatterbox radios.

As for the Harley system: Works good for CB and intercom and I use the CB often on long trips and in groups. Do not like the Harley headset. I have three of them but use the J&M in my Nolan helmet they installed. The Harley just can't handle the bass or volume the way J&M can.

It helps that J&M is local here and I can just stop at their shop.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 AM
VB2KDH
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 269 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by petdoc94
Can you use this system with helmets?
Yes with skids, Half and 3/4. Not sure about full face.

Quick Reply: Helmets and Communication