Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seat...What Craftsmanship!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Rider1973
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin Seat...What Craftsmanship!

I would first like to thank the Forum and especially Forum member "ejvette".
Though I ran a Stock Black Corbin Classic Solo for 10 years on my 05 Road King and loved it. I probably would have ordered the same seat for my new 2014 SGS except for the fact that I saw a pic of "ejvette's" seat on the Forum. So instead of stock I custom ordered my seat (same price as a stock seat) with a matching low profile pillion.

Yes, I know that Corbin has been bashed a few times here but I and very impressed with this new seat. The Craftsmanship, fit and finish is superb! I spoke to someone and sent pictures and they built me exactly what I wanted. The materials used and the seat itself is of the highest quality. They told me that it would take 7 weeks to build me the seat and I just got it yesterday in the middle of 7th week.

My only concern was would the "Bomber Black leather Jacket" insert be too grey..it is not it is more black than grey, perfect actually. Plus the back rest and larger pillion I have left from my 05 that I use for long trips (the wife likes the "wide ***" pillion, her words not mine) better than the stylish mini one I use when I run solo fits this new seat just as Corbin told me that it would. Take a look what do you think?

Oh, plus one really depressing pic....definitely need to retire to a 12 month riding season!

Attached Thumbnails Corbin Seat...What Craftsmanship!-new-seat-1.jpg   Corbin Seat...What Craftsmanship!-new-seat-2.jpg   Corbin Seat...What Craftsmanship!-new-seat-3.jpg   Corbin Seat...What Craftsmanship!-feb-20.jpg  

Last edited by Rider1973; 02-20-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:31 PM
stan60
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great! Congrats!

Old 02-20-2014, 04:08 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

I hope you are as happy once you get to sit on it for a few hours and get down the road as you are today.

As I have posted, my Corbin seat covering cracked in less than a year- Corbin had been given the opportunity to fix it, and decided to pass.
My promise to them was to never miss a chance to share my experience.

Mike

Old 02-20-2014, 04:14 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

Nice! I'm a big Corbin fan. Always got my eyes open for a nice used solo for my '09! Yes, I'm cheap.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:24 PM
stan60
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my Corbin too. Most comfortable seat to date. Yes, they are real leather and real leather will crack and weather. That's why saddle soap is regular maintenance on mine.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Rider1973
Advanced
Default I read about your experience, that is why I mentioned the "bashing"

Mike,

If you read my posting you would know that this is not my first rodeo with Corbin. I said I ran a Corbin Classic Solo on my 05 Road King for over 10 years and it looked as good the day I took it off to trade the bike as it did when I bought it. Yes, I took good care of it with leather conditioner etc. But then again my shoes last me for decades as long as I polish them and I do.

Also as far as my *** is concerned...the comfort for 50 to 600 plus mile days cannot be beat after the required break in period, which they are very up-front about. But then again everyone is different and everyone has different experiences. You really should have given Corbin the opportunity to "fix" your seat....shipping charges or not..... But I do not walk in your shoes.

I work in a very intense environment where "Customer Service" can make or break you...I give Corbin an A+.

Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Originally Posted by mkguitar
I hope you are as happy once you get to sit on it for a few hours and get down the road as you are today.

As I have posted, my Corbin seat covering cracked in less than a year- Corbin had been given the opportunity to fix it, and decided to pass.
My promise to them was to never miss a chance to share my experience.

Mike

Last edited by Rider1973; 02-20-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Brykwil
Tourer

My Corbin seat was the hardest & most uncomfortable seat I ever owned,but it looked good. Mustang seats for me!

Old 02-20-2014, 04:51 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

yup, 2¢.
But I have to keep my promise to Corbin.

In my dealings with Corbin, shipping charges were never an issue.

they declined to fix my cracked seat covering. less than a year old.
they claimed sun exposure.
1.) they make a product designed for use out of doors
2.) bike was garaged when parked
3.) shaded by my rear when in the sun

there was also the issue of the hard as hell seat on delivery- they said give it a few months, I did, it was still uncomfortable. They then said "too late"

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 02-20-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Rider1973
Advanced
Default I do like your style and tenacity...

Mike,

First "opinions" = 2cents as you said....I say "opinions are like ********..everyone has one" not sure where that came from and too lazy to look it up....

Now, I so appreciate where you are coming from....I never use a Bank of America and try to avoid all banks if I can (Credit Unions all the way!). Yes, I as you got screwed once by BoA and I never miss an opportunity to tell people about it. And though I have had a good experience with Corbin, I know that you have not.....they obviously missed a great opportunity with you... It is proven that a happy customer will tell a few people about a good experience.....a not so happy customer will tell hundreds as you have proven. Think of the cheap advertising they could have had if they treated you right....

Later Bro

Originally Posted by mkguitar
yup, 2¢.
But I have to keep my promise to Corbin.

In my dealings with Corbin, shipping charges were never an issue.

they declined to fix my cracked seat covering. less than a year old.
they claimed sun exposure.
1.) they make a product designed for use out of doors
2.) bike was garaged when parked
3.) shaded by my rear when in the sun

there was also the issue of the hard as hell seat on delivery- they said give it a few months, I did, it was still uncomfortable. They then said "too late"

mike

Old 02-20-2014, 05:38 PM
gliderman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rider1973
I would first like to thank the Forum and especially Forum member "ejvette".
Though I ran a Stock Black Corbin Classic Solo for 10 years on my 05 Road King and loved it. I probably would have ordered the same seat for my new 2014 SGS except for the fact that I saw a pic of "ejvette's" seat on the Forum. So instead of stock I custom ordered my seat (same price as a stock seat) with a matching low profile pillion.

Yes, I know that Corbin has been bashed a few times here but I and very impressed with this new seat. The Craftsmanship, fit and finish is superb! I spoke to someone and sent pictures and they built me exactly what I wanted. The materials used and the seat itself is of the highest quality. They told me that it would take 7 weeks to build me the seat and I just got it yesterday in the middle of 7th week.

My only concern was would the "Bomber Black leather Jacket" insert be too grey..it is not it is more black than grey, perfect actually. Plus the back rest and larger pillion I have left from my 05 that I use for long trips (the wife likes the "wide ***" pillion, her words not mine) better than the stylish mini one I use when I run solo fits this new seat just as Corbin told me that it would. Take a look what do you think?

Oh, plus one really depressing pic....definitely need to retire to a 12 month riding season!
Seat looks good and I'm sure will feel good also. I can't tell from your photos but does your seat have the cutouts on the side for the rear crash bars ? I recently got a new Corbin for my 13' RG and it has the cutouts? Not sure why Corbin put them on a seat for a bike that doesn't have the bars? I would have preferred the seat to be flush across the side covers but it still looks and feels good !

Quick Reply: Corbin Seat...What Craftsmanship!