Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics - Vendor Review - Two Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:04 AM
qmann
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Biketronics - Vendor Review - Two Thumbs Up

I just upgraded my Electra Glide stereo system. I wanted to maintain stock bar control with my Sony upgrade, so I decided on the Biketronics Interface. Great decision! Part is of good to excellent quality. That's the good part. Now the great part - I had a small issue (I know now was user install error!). I called them at approximately 5-530pm not expecting a call until today, the next business day.

At 8pm my cell rang with a number I did not recognize. It was Bill with Biketronics calling back. With his information provided via phone, I went and checked and make a change per instructions - by 830pm last night radio was working as designed.

Wanted to put out a good review for customer service as I know we are sometimes quick to criticize the not so good!

Old 02-20-2014, 07:01 AM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah that! My experience with Bill was similar and I highly recommend him and Biketronics...

Old 02-20-2014, 07:47 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i talked to their staff last week very informitive and friendly. didnt buy from them,. they wanted more $$ than their distributers and wouldnt match so i ordered though distibuter. can't speak bad of them at all though

Old 02-20-2014, 08:14 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
i talked to their staff last week very informitive and friendly. didnt buy from them,. they wanted more $$ than their distributers and wouldnt match so i ordered though distibuter. can't speak bad of them at all though
That is actually a great business model because it pushes sales through distributors with a larger customer base potential. Obviously BT makes much more money by selling direct to the enduser but he generates more sales and profit dollars for his distributors by keeping his prices on par with them. The distributors will often run promos as well which makes us happy as the consumer. I've spoken with Bill several times and bought directly from him his retro radio kit, dash install kit, rain cover and most importantly his Titan II 7.1" fairing speakers with lifetime warranty. Unbelievable sound quality, especially when you push them with an amp. I can't say enough good things about Bill and BT nor can the others in the audio section.

Last edited by Bagger_Vance; 02-20-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:39 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bagger_Vance
That is actually a great business model because it pushes sales through distributors with a larger customer base potential. Obviously BT makes much more money by selling direct to the enduser but he generates more sales and profit dollars for his distributors by keeping his prices on par with them. The distributors will often run promos as well which makes us happy as the consumer. I've spoken with Bill several times and bought directly from him his retro radio kit, dash install kit, rain cover and most importantly his Titan II 7.1" fairing speakers with lifetime warranty. Unbelievable sound quality, especially when you push them with an amp. I can't say enough good things about Bill and BT nor can the others in the audio section.

i was not meaning anything neagitve when i said that.sorry if i came off that way. i agree with you 100%. i ordered the 7.1's, i hope they live up to what everybodyy says

Old 02-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
i was not meaning anything neagitve when i said that.sorry if i came off that way. i agree with you 100%. i ordered the 7.1's, i hope they live up to what everybodyy says
No, I didn't take that the wrong way at all. I was just trying to shed some light into why they do that because my business works very similar. If you don't have an amp get one and you'll really hear and feel the difference. Hop over to the audio section and check out the treads as there are tons of them. For another $110 - $130 it's so worth it.

Last edited by Bagger_Vance; 02-20-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 AM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Once my tax return comes in, I'm buying the biketronics speaker/amp combo for my glide. Not sure if they going with the 6.5 or 7.1 yet though.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had many phone conversations with Bill. Very nice guy. After I received my stuff I called him back to have some wrie harnesses made for my lower fairings that matched what came with my rear pods and saddlebags. The diameter made it very easy to run inside the crash bars. I offered to pay for them, but he had them made them up the length I asked for and sent them out priority mail for free.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:08 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sbeast
Once my tax return comes in, I'm buying the biketronics speaker/amp combo for my glide. Not sure if they going with the 6.5 or 7.1 yet though.
There is no replacement for displacement.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:34 AM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
There is no replacement for displacement.
True, but 7.1 is a very odd size, which makes me wary. I don't know of any companies that sell 7.1" speakers outside of biketronics and j&m. Crutchfield doesn't even have such things listed

Quick Reply: Biketronics - Vendor Review - Two Thumbs Up