Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics - Vendor Review - Two Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sbeast
True, but 7.1 is a very odd size, which makes me wary. I don't know of any companies that sell 7.1" speakers outside of biketronics and j&m. Crutchfield doesn't even have such things listed
J&M sell a 7.25".

What's the big deal with having an odd size? If one breaks it has a lifetime warranty.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:52 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

True, but 7.1 is a very odd size, which makes me wary. I don't know of any companies that sell 7.1" speakers outside of biketronics and j&m. Crutchfield doesn't even have such things listed
hmm.. what's odd about a 7.1" speaker size? It's bigger, it produces better bass, it fits, you won't be disappointed.

what's not odd about 5x7, 6x8, or better yet 4x10? Those IMO are the most ridiculously sized speakers I've ever seen and the 4x10 was about the most useless excuse for a speaker.

And for what it's worth. Those 6.5" and 7.1" are made by Hybrid Audio Technologies for Biketronics. If you don't know who HAT is, google them. You'll find all you need to know about one of the best speaker manufacturers in the world.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:55 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Crutchfield doesn't even have such things listed
that's because Crutchfield is not allowed to sell HAT. You'll notice that a lot of high end names are not sold through Crutchfield and for good reason.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
And for what it's worth. Those 6.5" and 7.1" are made by Hybrid Audio Technologies for Biketronics. If you don't know who HAT is, google them. You'll find all you need to know about one of the best speaker manufacturers in the world.
i was unaware of that, that makes me feel even better about them

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
that's because Crutchfield is not allowed to sell HAT. You'll notice that a lot of high end names are not sold through Crutchfield and for good reason.
crutcfield is mostly mainstream popular brands, decent products but ther are many brand better than their products

Old 02-20-2014, 11:21 AM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Crutchfield has plenty of 5.25's that'll fit right in there....but I'm sticking with my odd 7.1's. Crutchfield is a good place to pay TOO much for audio stuff..

Old 02-20-2014, 11:32 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
crutcfield is mostly mainstream popular brands, decent products but ther are many brand better than their products
and ridiculously high prices to boot!

Example: I just bought the following through Amazon

Kenwood KIV-BT901 head unit
Kenwood KCA-IP202 cable
Kenwood KCA-SR50/SCC1 Sirius module
6ft iPod extension cable.
whopping total of - $383

Crutchfield wants $359 just for the head unit.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:30 AM
qmann
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same pricing experience ordering from a distributor vs. ordering straight from Biketronics. I could have saved (I believe about $20-30) by going thru distributor. Some of the distributors pics did not match product as seen on biketronics site. I was worried about getting the wrong parts. Emailed Biketronics with bike info and they emailed me an exact parts order list. This certainty of correct parts and no delays made me decide to order direct. The $20 was peace of mind.

I am sure Biketronics would have given me the same support no matter how I had ordered.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:48 AM
uwiik
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I have spent a lot of money going other direction with ARC, Focal, Morel and various other brands including Korean brands never satisfied. Biketronics 7.1 and BT2180 couldn't get any simpler...Worth it to the last cent... and now I couldn't be happier after going all Biketronics stuff....

My friend have ARC amp and HD boom speakers all around fairing, lower fairing and saddlebag speakers, the whole nine yards....He went red faced after hearing my simple system with only 2 speakers...

Old 03-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Johnny103ci
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a set of the 7.1's from Biketronics. They are on backorder for another couple weeks. I got a call last night from Biketronics just to make sure I was aware of that. Great personal service!

Old 03-01-2014, 11:30 AM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got the biketronics 6.5 speaker/amp combo sitting on the table for when I get some time to install, can't wait to get this done

Quick Reply: Biketronics - Vendor Review - Two Thumbs Up