Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Harleys

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014 | 08:11 AM
WillyD
Tourer

The only color on a bike that is worth a damn is the one where you take a second look and go... Damn! That's hot!

It might be yellow, it might be orange (Sedona Orange, thank you), it might be black. But when it calls to me I don't give a rip (meaning I don't give it a second thought) what anybody else thinks.
My thoughts exactly...Sometimes when somebody says "how about the color _____ on a bike" I may or may not visualze something I like, but when I see a picture of one or walk up to one that grabs me, then I like it....whatever the color....And really truly, the color that grabs you and makes you like it is what counts...

Old 02-20-2014 | 08:18 AM
mattyballgame72
Intermediate

I picked up a '13 Ultra Yellow and Black 2 tone end of the season last yr BECAUSE of the color. Just speaks to me.....too many Blacks and Blues out there.

I will say...the orange on the '14s is niiiiiiiice and I rented a Gray Street Glide Special last week in San Diego....nice as well.

As has been mentioned...choose the color that makes you turn back around and look at your bike and go ' DAYUM!!! That's a hot bike!"

Last edited by mattyballgame72; 02-20-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-20-2014 | 08:20 AM
Chips
Road Warrior

your bike is like your gf...yer the only one gonna' be ridin' 'er so who cares what anybody else thinks.

Old 02-20-2014 | 08:22 AM
tagalongtrouble
Tourer
Default Where's YELLOWBIRD 09

One of the best looking rides on the whole 4M imo.....

Old 02-20-2014 | 08:27 AM
vzts4q
Road Master

Originally Posted by riderideride
I like yellow on a bike. Looks good, but I'll never own one again.

I got stung by way more bees riding a yellow bike, than any other color.

edit-my yellow bike also had a quarter fairing. That may have some affect when riding, but they would also land on me when stopped at a light.

I had the same experience with a yellow 76 Goldwing

Old 02-20-2014 | 08:41 AM
Proaction14
Road Captain

All the colors look okay except Flame Blue Pearl and or pink : )

Old 02-20-2014 | 08:44 AM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rcreechssr
Okay my friends, I have to ask, as I'm considering trading for a yellow EGUL. Is there any stigma or bad association with yellow Harleys? I don't see many and I was wondering if it's like the "rainbow", an indication of something.
Let me rearrange those bold, capital letters....UGLE ("E" and the letter "Y" make the same sound in this case).

Old 02-20-2014 | 08:56 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
I really like yellow HDs. The only problem is I used to run a dealership and I will be the first to tell you,yellow is the worst color to sell and brings in the worst trade value. We know we are going to have a tough time selling it,so the value is less than say black or red. Yellow is a niche color,and is made for a select few,but it sure does look great.
Exactly! the best looking bike I have ever seen was a Yellow Road King Custom. The down side is I had plenty of opportunities to look at it because it sat with the used bikes forever. Now its sitting at another dealership....

Old 02-20-2014 | 09:21 AM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member

Go for what turns you on Yellow,Black,White or Red make it yours "The Hell With Everyone Else"

Old 02-20-2014 | 09:57 AM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member

according to a HD salesman friend of mine, its the hardest color to sell in the dealership and usually sits longer than other bikes of the same style (FLTRX, etc). He said they way they sell them is to make certain it is the only one of that type on the floor when they want it gone. Usually someone wanting a bike, will settle for the color, if no other options are available.

Now, i am not certain i believe all that BS, since we all know dealers usually have bikes in the back, but that is his tale.

I like the color and think the brightness should make you easier to see by the distracted cagers.

Quick Reply: Yellow Harleys