Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cvo fender questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014 | 08:00 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
No problem. The CVO rear is my next upgrade. Looks great with the CVO bags.
.... looks equally great without CVO bags in my opinion.

Originally Posted by jaymiller5
I put a CVO rear fender on my electra glide. I used the Yaffe license plate holder though because I hated the factory one. I even used my Electra glide saddle bag bracket and have crash bars as well, I also put the CVO speaker lids on. Pretty much made the bike the way I wanted it.

Old 02-19-2014 | 08:27 AM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master

I did this last year. I bought the kit from a 20% off online dealership store. Kit included everything needed to do the mod. Money well spent IMHO.

Check out my pics in my garage. It may help some. I also started a thread titled "Can't wait to add COLOR to my bike" that follows last years mods. More pics of the transformation there.

Last edited by Stew Pidaso; 02-19-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-19-2014 | 09:10 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

I'm installing the CVO fender kit on a buddy's bike at the moment. Along with a pair of the CVO style bags from Eastern, which are fantastic by the way.

Anyway, the CVO kit is a very thorough offering. Purchased from one of the discount dealers, it's not a bad price.

Consider the parts break downs, and the cost. You'll probably have to have it painted either way, I presume.

Taillights alone are around $330.

If it was me, I think I would go with a complete kit.

Old 02-20-2014 | 04:52 PM
skeetskeet
Novice

Hey i'm new to this forum and this is my first post so hello. But I recently did this mod on my 09 flht and looks great. here is some pics of it. I hope i uploaded those correctly lol

Attached Thumbnails Cvo fender questions-new.jpg   Cvo fender questions-new-2.jpg   Cvo fender questions-new-3.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014 | 04:56 PM
SCJE8
Club Member

Originally Posted by skeetskeet
Hey i'm new to this forum and this is my first post so hello. But I recently did this mod on my 09 flht and looks great. here is some pics of it. I hope i uploaded those correctly lol
Looks good, skeetskeet!

Congrats on the first post and welcome to the HDForums!

Steve

Old 02-20-2014 | 05:25 PM
Melroy
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks great. I been trying to find that license plate holder to paint and match my fender... Everywhere I looked is on back order , so I got the chrome one for now.

Old 02-20-2014 | 05:39 PM
skeetskeet
Novice

Hey thanks Steve!!

Originally Posted by Melroy
Looks great. I been trying to find that license plate holder to paint and match my fender... Everywhere I looked is on back order , so I got the chrome one for now.
I have gotten alot of compliments on the painted plate. I would highly recommend it.

Old 02-20-2014 | 10:35 PM
Melroy
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey thanks Steve!!

I have gotten alot of compliments on the painted plate. I would highly recommend it.
it does look good, nice and clean look for the fender. Everywhere I called and emailed they were on atleast 6 week backorder. Getting cvo fender, fascia and bags painted real soon. I will use the chrome one till I can get the paintable license holder

Old 02-20-2014 | 11:24 PM
AlBaron
Cruiser

Is this the CVO kit you guys are talking about?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...CatEntryType=2

Old 02-20-2014 | 11:25 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Melroy
it does look good, nice and clean look for the fender. Everywhere I called and emailed they were on atleast 6 week backorder. Getting cvo fender, fascia and bags painted real soon. I will use the chrome one till I can get the paintable license holder
I run the Paul Yaffe Stealth 3 (for the CVO fender). Bought chrome, and had it painted.

The right painter with the right materials and skills can shoot paint over chrome.

Quick Reply: Cvo fender questions