Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a bug in the BOOM Audio Update?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014 | 09:15 AM
lazye
|
Cruiser
Default Is there a bug in the BOOM Audio Update?

I was able to try out my Infotainment System this weekend and noticed that if I leave the FM tuner on when I shut off the bike it does not always come back on when I start the bike again. The system is off displaying the clock only. I have to hit the mute button to turn back on. I'm not sure if this is part of the update or something else is wrong. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Old 02-17-2014 | 09:25 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by lazye
I was able to try out my Infotainment System this weekend and noticed that if I leave the FM tuner on when I shut off the bike it does not always come back on when I start the bike again. The system is off displaying the clock only. I have to hit the mute button to turn back on. I'm not sure if this is part of the update or something else is wrong. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?
I don't have that problem with mine. However there is a bug in the new update that deals with the radio not being overridden when you use PTT on CB. See my thread"1.17.4 upgrade creates new problem" on this issue.

Old 02-17-2014 | 10:45 AM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior

I have the 4.3 system.

With the 1.17.1.2 firmware, I could not predict what state the radio would be in when I turned the ignition on. Sometimes the radio was on; sometimes off. It was usually in the state I'd left it when switching the ignition off. But not always. This is what I recall. It was flaky enough it was hard to tell what was going on. Just that it wasn't predictable in this regard.

Since the 1.17.1.4 update it appears the radio is usually in the same state (on or off) when I turn the ignition on that it was in when I previously turned the ignition off. I'm not sure this is always true though. I seem to recall a couple of times when I'd left the radio on, and it was off when I switched the ignition on the next time.

Alan

Old 02-17-2014 | 10:48 AM
kipd
Tourer

I would like it if the unit would stay off until turned on manually. I would also like it if turning on the system it could go directly to the nav system instead of the radio first. I tend to use the nav more than the music anyway.

Old 02-17-2014 | 10:57 AM
lazye
|
Cruiser

Well I called HD customer service to see if anyone else was having the same thing going on or if they were aware of my issue and they did not want to deal with it. They said to call my dealer and the Dealer could call the "dealer only tech support line".
Then they said if I did not like the Dealers response to call them back.
I'm ok with it defaulting to off but it's not every time. About 50/50.
Something isn't right.