Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger on Andrews 57h

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:05 PM
RedGlide12
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled the trigger on Andrews 57h

After triple checking my part numbers and taking a deep breath I clicked the "submit order" button on a set of Andrews 57h cams, S&S adjustable push rods, S&S cam install kit, and a bearing tool from Heartland. Thanks to Jammerx and Lowcounty Joe for the great write up's on the installation process. I have watched the JP cycles video over and over and feel pretty good about doing this myself. Lots of good info on here just wanted to say thanks to all that post their knowledge on the forum.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Enjoy the install!

Old 02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just did first cam job and installed the 57Hs on my 2012. Hope yours goes faster than mine. If not, plan on a weekend, a little one day and a little the next. Did lifters, pushrods, bearings, tensioners, and lots of reading and double checking behind myself.

Good luck to ya!

Old 02-11-2014, 07:31 PM
RedGlide12
Cruiser

Im going to pick up my buddies lift table this weekend and take it slow. I only have around 8k miles on my bike so I am going to use the stock tensioners and lifters. Im still unsure how I am going to tune once I get it all together. I dont know if I want to use the new auto tune that I have or have it Dyno'd. Some members say that an auto tune is pointless with a custom map and some (including FuelMoto) say that a autotune will help a custom map.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:52 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

Nice choice!! I would really think about replacing the stock lifters? Take your time and ENJOY!

Old 02-12-2014, 12:08 AM
RedGlide12
Cruiser

The more I think about the extra strain on the stock lifters the more I agree with you Hippie. Will these S&S lifters hold up better?

http://www.sscycle.com/product/Tappet-Set-p20363.html

Old 02-12-2014, 12:30 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RedGlide12
Im going to pick up my buddies lift table this weekend and take it slow. I only have around 8k miles on my bike so I am going to use the stock tensioners and lifters. Im still unsure how I am going to tune once I get it all together. I dont know if I want to use the new auto tune that I have or have it Dyno'd. Some members say that an auto tune is pointless with a custom map and some (including FuelMoto) say that a autotune will help a custom map.
You didn't ask for it, but here is a map that will work on your cams. I have had some experience with the autotune on cams. I would turn the autotune off until you ride some and then turn it on after you know how your bike runs without it. I would also set the adjustment trim limit parameters from 20 to 10 on the autotune. It tends to adjust the low rpm fuel too lean when you have performance cams. All you have to do is save your current map, before you accept the trims and if it messes up you can go back to current map and start over. It can and will happen. I do have the closed loop turned off in the 1000 rpm area. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Attached Files
Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 AM
PauleyB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same cams and I really love them so good choice there. I got a canned map from Dynojet for them as FM didn't have one. All good, the canned map seemed to run fine and I auto tuned from there. I was really liking the results and the bike pulled like a freight train. Then, I had the opportunity to get my bike dyno'd for very little cost by a real pro. The end result was a gain of 13hp and 9tq over the best result I could get with auto tuning. He was also able to tune out the 'flat spot' I had at 3k. Final result was 96HP 108TQ.

Other mods are Rinehart 2-1, SE ventilator AC, Power Vision.

Have fun!

Old 02-12-2014, 01:10 AM
RedGlide12
Cruiser

I appriciate the map! I am still on the fence if I even want to put the autotune on the bike or just sell it and recoup my money. I got it NIB for $220 from another member so it might be worth a shot to try it out.

Last edited by RedGlide12; 02-12-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:14 AM
RedGlide12
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PauleyB
I have the same cams and I really love them so good choice there. I got a canned map from Dynojet for them as FM didn't have one. All good, the canned map seemed to run fine and I auto tuned from there. I was really liking the results and the bike pulled like a freight train. Then, I had the opportunity to get my bike dyno'd for very little cost by a real pro. The end result was a gain of 13hp and 9tq over the best result I could get with auto tuning. He was also able to tune out the 'flat spot' I had at 3k. Final result was 96HP 108TQ.

Other mods are Rinehart 2-1, SE ventilator AC, Power Vision.

Have fun!
After you had the pro build you a custom map did you continue to use the autotune or just stick to his map?

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on Andrews 57h