Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light/ turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Default RE: Brake light/ turn signal

What about the Kuryaken kit? Just the stop/turn/run kit, not the whole LED shebang.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:59 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Kury setup on my 05 RK Custom. Front and rear turn / run brake and LED Brake light. They are bright in the day and brighter at night and the 3 flashs of the brakes when you hit the pedal makescagers back off (so far so good). Also the bullet kit I got for my HD bulklet lights has side markers on them so there IS light from the side. People behind me (on scoots) have said they are very visible even on a bright sunny day.
Mike

Old 03-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Ben U

I have'em and love'em. I left the amber lens on... I know, I've heard all the stories. My brother has the same set up. My son was riding in his cage behind us one week-end and he commented that my setup was much more noticeable.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:16 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I had the old style (91699-99A) brake/directional module originally on my bike. Then the new style came out and I installed that one coz I thought it would be better with running/brake/directional. The difference in light intensity between running and brake was was barely noticable. I wanted additional brakelights that would jump out at you. These didn't. I went back to the old style. You can't get more noticable light than going from off to on IMO.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:21 PM
crismf
Novice

Very easy upgrade and worth the money. A definate improvement over the stock single brake light.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 AM
MDMYMD
Road Captain

I have this on my bike and love the added running light. Others riding behind have said the unit does the job well on all functions.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:33 PM
2007rkjb
Advanced

Does anyone make a really bright or L E D bulb that I can place
under the stock tail light lens ??

Thanks,

Jake

Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Panacia seems to be the best. Just a note on LEDs they are not always even as bright as standard bulbs, be carefull to get only those that say they are very bright. try here, lots of kool stuff.
http://www.customdynamics.com/

Old 04-03-2007, 01:41 PM
pcsgrp
Intermediate

I picked up the Kury led light and found that the difference from running to brake was almost nothing. I did have the older HD brake/turn module and there was a compatabilty problem with it. I picked up the newer HD version that has running/brake/turn and I noticed two things. Firstly, rather then the regular 1157 bulb I had a 3357 bulb. There is a major difference between running and brake light output between the two.I put back the Kury led assembly and found with the new HD module, the led worked great and have received comments from my fellow riding buddies that the amount of light in the back is outstanding. I had put in the tour pack led which added to my visiblity. My next project is to try and figure out how to make the tour pack side marker lights into running, turn and brake lights also. Even if I can just get running and turn signals out of them, I would be very happy. In the NYC metro area, I find I am fine except for the cager in an suv talking on the phone or yelling at the kids with the dvd going.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:31 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,489 Posts

i have tke hd kit and am very happy with it

Quick Reply: Brake light/ turn signal