Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoking out the 14 models

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 07:11 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Smoking out the 14 models

For those of you that have started to, or already have "smoked out" your 14 model…whats available out there? Anything other than what HD offers? I already have the front done with the exception of the fender tip. So I need that, plus the rear fender tip, rear tail light, and the tour pack lights. I know I have to replace the rear tail completely, probably going to go with custom dynamics, but I haven't been able to find just the lenses and LED replacement for the fender tips like I did with my 10'. Seems like I have to buy the whole tip assembly for front and back at around $100 a pop from either CD or HD. Plus the $300 for the HD smoked tour pack light, its all going to add up quick...

Old 02-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 377 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by MontyCop05
For those of you that have started to, or already have "smoked out" your 14 model…whats available out there? Anything other than what HD offers? I already have the front done with the exception of the fender tip. So I need that, plus the rear fender tip, rear tail light, and the tour pack lights. I know I have to replace the rear tail completely, probably going to go with custom dynamics, but I haven't been able to find just the lenses and LED replacement for the fender tips like I did with my 10'. Seems like I have to buy the whole tip assembly for front and back at around $100 a pop from either CD or HD. Plus the $300 for the HD smoked tour pack light, its all going to add up quick...
I haven't just yet but the thought crossed my mind

Old 02-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Nick508
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to call custom dynamics, they have products in the works and comming out with new stuff all the time. I think they will even take special orders.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it almost done.

They do not make a front fender tip yet (nor does anyone else) and I am still waiting for Moco to come out with smoked tour pak side lights. Other than that it's all done.

-Harley Rear smoke LED Tail Light
-Harley Smoked Fender Tip Brake Light
-Harley smoked tour pak brake/turn LED
-Custom Dynamics LED Ringz up front (haven't installed yet, being shipped)

That pretty much takes care of it other than the Front Tip and Tour Pak side lights.

Colored lenses on black bikes drive me nuts!

Old 02-07-2014, 08:50 PM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by T_Dogg80

I have it almost done.

They do not make a front fender tip yet (nor does anyone else) and I am still waiting for Moco to come out with smoked tour pak side lights. Other than that it's all done.

-Harley Rear smoke LED Tail Light
-Harley Smoked Fender Tip Brake Light
-Harley smoked tour pak brake/turn LED
-Custom Dynamics LED Ringz up front (haven't installed yet, being shipped)

That pretty much takes care of it other than the Front Tip and Tour Pak side lights.

Colored lenses on black bikes drive me nuts!
That looks sic!!! Nice.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:02 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Thanks man! I have the filler strips coming. Those empty chrome arches are killing me. I'll probably end up install a set of Custom Dynamics Plasma Rods on them in anticipation of doing the detach kit for the tour pak.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:24 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master

Originally Posted by T_Dogg80
Thanks man! I have the filler strips coming. Those empty chrome arches are killing me. I'll probably end up install a set of Custom Dynamics Plasma Rods on them in anticipation of doing the detach kit for the tour pak.
Ditto. I'm doing the same. I have the filler strips already, just have to install. Then I'll order the plasma rods and dig up that how-to thread that was started on getting them installed with the filler strips. I WILL NOT be installing those lights that come with the new tour pack QD kit. I think they look like crap.

I agree that the colored lenses aren't my first choice. Smoked looks so much better. Its just cost so much damn $$$$ just to change the color.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:42 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Ditto. I'm doing the same. I have the filler strips already, just have to install. Then I'll order the plasma rods and dig up that how-to thread that was started on getting them installed with the filler strips. I WILL NOT be installing those lights that come with the new tour pack QD kit. I think they look like crap.

I agree that the colored lenses aren't my first choice. Smoked looks so much better. Its just cost so much damn $$$$ just to change the color.
I agree about the HD bag lights. I think they are ugly as sin. If they had something like a plasma rod, I would have purchased the kit in a heartbeat. Instead, I decided to spend my money on smoking it out. Now all I really need is the 4 point docking kit and the 2 up tour pak removal kit. Oh, and a license plate relocation kit of some sort.

ETA: And let me know how the filler strips install. I cannot find the installation instructions anywhere on the net. I have no idea how they go on (screws, tape, glue etc.). Thanks in advance!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:49 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master

T dogg, call your local dealer. They can print them out for you. Mine came right in the box with the hardware to mount em.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

T dogg, call your local dealer. They can print them out for you. Mine came right in the box with the hardware to mount em.
Yeah I figured as much. I was just curious how they mount. I'm still waiting for them to come. And wow were they ever expensive hey!?

Quick Reply: Smoking out the 14 models