Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoking out the 14 models

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 02:33 AM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Those look niiiice! I do not have a black bike, but I've started and never smoked anything out before (on a bike!). First thing I did was install the Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz with smoked lenses. Installed a BAL-3ST to replace the brake light; that thing is sweet and bright! I ordered the Custom Dynamics Rear Fender Tip light, but it showed up with scratches and blemishes so it's on it's way back, and will wait for a replacement.

I've been wondering about the tour-pack lights, and now seeing yours, I have to get those. And damn it all to hell, the side marker lights will be on the list too. Damn this place and you guys!

Old 02-08-2014, 05:29 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by t_dogg80

I have it almost done.

They do not make a front fender tip yet (nor does anyone else) and i am still waiting for moco to come out with smoked tour pak side lights. Other than that it's all done.

-harley rear smoke led tail light
-harley smoked fender tip brake light
-harley smoked tour pak brake/turn led
-custom dynamics led ringz up front (haven't installed yet, being shipped)

that pretty much takes care of it other than the front tip and tour pak side lights.

Colored lenses on black bikes drive me nuts!

nice!

Old 02-08-2014, 06:40 AM
jlj6t
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T_Dogg80
How was he install? Did you have to drill holes like in pre-14 bikes or was it plug and play?
I just did this swap in my '11 Limited. Not sure how similar the wiring is in your '14, but these smoked marker lights were plug-and-play on mine. No drilling, no removal of Tour-Pak, no messing with the metal plate at the bottom. I only had to remove a few screws and unplug the electrical connector. Feed the new connector through the hole in the Tour-Pak, re-connect, and re-screw. Stupid easy.

That's a good look on a black bike, ain't it?!? I sent my inner fairing and that Tour-Pak LED bezel out for paint. Can't wait to get it all put back together.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:48 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the smoked look on a dark bike. Looks really nice. Keep up the good work.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:32 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got it easy on the SG. Smoked turn signal lenses front and back with Custom Dynamics LED's...Done!

Old 02-08-2014, 12:07 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok. It looks like I do not have to drill anything according to the service manual. Can you guys confirm? I need these side lights.

I already ordered them anyways, drill or no drill.

And btw, my wife hates you guys, and my parts guy loves you! Hahaha

Attached Thumbnails Smoking out the 14 models-1889678_10151894324267344_1616063724_o.jpg   Smoking out the 14 models-1891837_10151894323997344_501862045_o.jpg  

Last edited by T_Dogg80; 02-08-2014 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Mobile sucks. Had to PC
Old 02-08-2014, 01:02 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jlj6t
I just did this swap in my '11 Limited. Not sure how similar the wiring is in your '14, but these smoked marker lights were plug-and-play on mine.
And I think that's the question. I have a feeling the connectors are different as my parts guy was apprehensive as well. I figure that if the connectors are different, it still shouldn't be too tough. There's only a power and a ground wire, so it should be nothing to swap the connectors.

That's my thinking anyways. Make sense?

Old 02-08-2014, 01:21 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by T_Dogg80
And I think that's the question. I have a feeling the connectors are different as my parts guy was apprehensive as well. I figure that if the connectors are different, it still shouldn't be too tough. There's only a power and a ground wire, so it should be nothing to swap the connectors.

That's my thinking anyways. Make sense?
I'd bet money it's the same.

reason 1. HD ain't gonna change something if it still works...saves money
2. Did you look at the install instructions I posted? They reference the 2014 model in the first couple lines.

2014 and later follow service manual to remove existing

side marker lights and reverse for installation of this kit.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:27 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Originally Posted by craigffb
I'd bet money it's the same.

reason 1. HD ain't gonna change something if it still works...saves money
2. Did you look at the install instructions I posted? They reference the 2014 model in the first couple lines.
Yeah, I think that is correct as well, because of the two points you made.

That being said, I kinda have a mantra that I live by: Expect the worst, hope for the best. That way I'm prepared to have to wire connectors and drill a hole, or I'm pleasantly surprised when I plug and play.

Either way, I will be a happy camper.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:30 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

And also, since this is about smoking out a 2014, I don't think there should be any need to remove the tour pak, let alone remove the ground plate. I imagine it would be the same as jlj6t's install.

Again, hoping for the best here.

Quick Reply: Smoking out the 14 models