Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Interested in the Fuelpak FP3? The Fuelpak FP3 allows you to map your engine for optimum performance when using a Vance & Hines exhaust. The Fuelpak FP3 also allows you to see vital engine information displayed on your smartphone.

Read the full discussion below to find out what people are saying about their Fuelpak FP3.
Print Wikipost

NEW Fuelpak FP3

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 03:52 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

He he he... Good deal for V&H for a nice Stage 1 solution. Maybe NOW all of the PV guys will be mad...It doesn't do as much and everyone loves it... ROTFLOL!
I hope this works very well for guys. It surely is NOT any kind of solution for Stage 2 and up... Timing is key to bigger builds, but for a Stage 1? Might be the cats ***! I believe the more TUNING options the better.

And then for $450 the move to aTTS would be good.

I really wish I had a can bus bike around to play with. To those that purchased, please keep us informed.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 03-23-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Would this still work with 510 gear driven cams? I know stage one is pipes, tuner, and bigger ac but I'm not sure what constitutes stage 2...

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
He he he... Good deal for V&H for a nice Stage 1 solution. Maybe NOW all of the PV guys will be mad...It doesn't do as much and everyone loves it... ROTFLOL!
I hope this works very well for guys. It surely is NOT any kind of solution for Stage 2 and up... Timing is key to bigger builds, but for a Stage 1? Might be the cats ***! I believe the more TUNING options the better.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:13 PM
galaxyfe
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That's how they're able to keep the cost of the device down; the fact that you don't get a screen with it. The app interface is cool. I've already downloaded it just play with demo. From what homework I've done, everything is there that's in the PV; timing, accel/decel/idle, etc. Bang for the buck, it's hard to argue with...especially if you already have an iPhone anyways.

My only question would be what are the dyno/custom tuning options with the PF3? Would you have to leave your dyno guy your phone? Is that his only option for interacting with the tuner? Guess it could be done. I'm thinking I'm the group that would run several auto tune sessions and be quite happy as long as drivability turned out great.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:19 PM
hdmoose16
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by galaxyfe

My only question would be what are the dyno/custom tuning options with the PF3? Would you have to leave your dyno guy your phone? Is that his only option for interacting with the tuner? Guess it could be done. I'm thinking I'm the group that would run several auto tune sessions and be quite happy as long as drivability turned out great.
I don't think you'd have to leave them your phone, they could use their own phone to hook up to it as I understand it.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:24 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
Would this still work with 510 gear driven cams? I know stage one is pipes, tuner, and bigger ac but I'm not sure what constitutes stage 2...
A Stage 2 (cams plus a Stage 1), will require working various timing tables and starting tables for best results... TTS, SEPST, PV. Also, one will need a way to finish off the upper end of the tune, too.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the info Turk!

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
A Stage 2 (cams plus a Stage 1), will require working various timing tables and starting tables for best results... TTS, SEPST, PV. Also, one will need a way to finish off the upper end of the tune, too.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:31 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hdmoose16
All good points, and it is very new as you mention, so I'm gonna give it a few weeks to see some more feedback (too fu@&in' cold to ride up here anyway) but so far the FP3 seems to fit the bill for me, it seems a bit more user friendly than PV, although I'm sure I could figure it out, and it's not really an extra device since I'd have my phone with me anyway, and for the most part, once I've got my tune, I'd just take it off the bike until I figure I need it again. Will be interesting to see more feedback in the coming weeks, especially from people that have maybe used both.

Same here. I won't be doing a lot of work to the bike motor wise, so once its dialed in it will come off. That $100 plus price difference helps too.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
Thanks for the info Turk!
Ya.... Thanks Wurk Turk Didn't know you got your last name changed :P

Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to enter to win a free FP3

http://www.jpcycles.com/sweepstakes/...%2ffuelpak-fp3

Old 03-25-2014, 09:53 PM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

so is it like the powervision where it gets locked onto your bike? or you can tune multiple bikes with it?

and for anyone that has one that has sent there map to vance and hines how fast do they respond? and if they did how long did it take? and did they send you the map with improvements?

Quick Reply: NEW Fuelpak FP3