Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Interested in the Fuelpak FP3? The Fuelpak FP3 allows you to map your engine for optimum performance when using a Vance & Hines exhaust. The Fuelpak FP3 also allows you to see vital engine information displayed on your smartphone.

Read the full discussion below to find out what people are saying about their Fuelpak FP3.
Print Wikipost

NEW Fuelpak FP3

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 04:55 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Subscribing!

Old 03-22-2014, 06:01 AM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Plugged mine in yesterday. I have a vance and hines VO2 intake and the stock pipes with the 1 1/2" vertical baffle removed. I spoke to the tech at vance and hines. His instructions to me were to select V&H high flow intake, monster round ovals with standard baffles, and 103 high out put cam. Then flash the bike with this map. He said that this would give a good starting point to auto tune from. He then said to go to auto time and select the lowest map that shows up and flash to auto tune. I rode to my local dealer to get a air intake cover and back home. The tables were then populated. I went back into the FP3 app and from the table selected apply. Let it flash and then selected finish. I was to that after doing this that if I didn't want to look at the data on my smart phone that I could take it off and store it in my shop. Sorry this is so long but while it was fresh in my mind I figured I'd chime in. I love the V&H FP3 and highly recommend it.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:05 AM
Matrix
Road Master

Also don't be alarmed. When in auto tune your security light will blink. Once the tables are populated and flashed it will stop. From what I understood, it is the sensors and the FP: communicating.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:47 AM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matrix
Also don't be alarmed. When in auto tune your security light will blink. Once the tables are populated and flashed it will stop. From what I understood, it is the sensors and the FP: communicating.
Great info, thank you. I will be installing my FP3 in a few hours along with SE stage 1 air cleaner.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:54 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Aire
FP3 - there are multiples on Ebay for $350 w/ free s&h

Direct Cycle Parts has a better price, and FAST free shipping

Old 03-22-2014, 03:28 PM
agsansoo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered my yesterday. Hope I can tune out all the decel poping I have. I have fuelmoto intake with rush slipons with 2"baffles.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Let us know it takes care of the deck pop!

Originally Posted by agsansoo
Ordered my yesterday. Hope I can tune out all the decel poping I have. I have fuelmoto intake with rush slipons with 2"baffles.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed my FP3 today. No poping on decel at all. I have a 2014 Limited with screaming eagle air cleaner and 4" Rineharts slip on's. I loaded the Monster ovals with a high flow ac. Then rode 80 miles in Auto Tune mode. Back home and checked the tables on the app and they are half way filled. Maybe another 80 miles and it should be complete, then I will reflash the new tables to the bike.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:00 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Matrix

excellent info...

Old 03-23-2014, 05:47 AM
Matrix
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ghostrider1967
Installed my FP3 today. No poping on decel at all. I have a 2014 Limited with screaming eagle air cleaner and 4" Rineharts slip on's. I loaded the Monster ovals with a high flow ac. Then rode 80 miles in Auto Tune mode. Back home and checked the tables on the app and they are half way filled. Maybe another 80 miles and it should be complete, then I will reflash the new tables to the bike.
The tables will not fill up completely. The FP. Tech told me this the other day, as some of the conditions on the grid will not be met. He stated to me that when you look at the populated tables it should resemble a football shape. If you see this, you should be done. Select flash to bike and than after select finish. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: NEW Fuelpak FP3