Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Interested in the Fuelpak FP3? The Fuelpak FP3 allows you to map your engine for optimum performance when using a Vance & Hines exhaust. The Fuelpak FP3 also allows you to see vital engine information displayed on your smartphone.

Read the full discussion below to find out what people are saying about their Fuelpak FP3.
Print Wikipost

NEW Fuelpak FP3

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 01:56 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by highwayman1224
Nope, I'm not a dyno tuner, but go ahead and keep believing that these little magical boxes are better than an actual dyno tune by someone that knows what they're doing. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with them, just saying that a qualified dyno tuner will tune it better than the box will.
Being an it guy, I would think that with sophisticated enough software, something like the auto tune on the fp3 has the potential to provide a much better street tune than a dyno. It's dealing with a lot more data points over a greater range of conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 09-21-2014, 08:33 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by powerman1972
I installed the FP3 on my wifes new sportster 883 superlow along with a screaming eagle heavy breather and V&H short shot staggered pipes. I downloaded the recommended map from V&H. The bike ran good but with one problem. When the bike is warmed up to normal operating temp then shut down for a bit like when stopping for a stretch break etc. go to start the bike back up and it doesn't want to idle unless you give it a little throttle, it seems to be a tad rich judging by the smell of the exhaust and the slight black smokey exhaust at start up and low idle. Anyways, i tried the auto tune function after talking to a V&H tech and it just does not work for me. The first time the bike would not start while in auto tune mode, after reflashing the bike back to the stock map then flashing the bike back to the recommended map then back in auto tune mode again the bike started but it popped, sputtered and farted and ran like crap! I called V&H tech people again and told me to send them the downloaded map via the app on my phone. Did that approx. 4 months ago with no response. Ive tried calling many times and either got a busy signal or the run around when i did finally get through. Long story short, i reflashed back to the stock map and now have a $300 piece of crap paper weight! IMO not worth the $$ or the hassle. Next stop may be fuel moto so i can get rid of the decel popping on her bike. One more thing, i did have the dealer do the stage one download to the bike.

Ask your dealer, but I have herd that the stag one download will conflict with a tuner of choice. That may be the problem worth checking into.

The following users liked this post:
coltsfan (05-17-2017)
Old 09-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Vhcsr
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powerman1972
I installed the FP3 on my wifes new sportster 883 superlow along with a screaming eagle heavy breather and V&H short shot staggered pipes. I downloaded the recommended map from V&H. The bike ran good but with one problem. When the bike is warmed up to normal operating temp then shut down for a bit like when stopping for a stretch break etc. go to start the bike back up and it doesn't want to idle unless you give it a little throttle, it seems to be a tad rich judging by the smell of the exhaust and the slight black smokey exhaust at start up and low idle. Anyways, i tried the auto tune function after talking to a V&H tech and it just does not work for me. The first time the bike would not start while in auto tune mode, after reflashing the bike back to the stock map then flashing the bike back to the recommended map then back in auto tune mode again the bike started but it popped, sputtered and farted and ran like crap! I called V&H tech people again and told me to send them the downloaded map via the app on my phone. Did that approx. 4 months ago with no response. Ive tried calling many times and either got a busy signal or the run around when i did finally get through. Long story short, i reflashed back to the stock map and now have a $300 piece of crap paper weight! IMO not worth the $$ or the hassle. Next stop may be fuel moto so i can get rid of the decel popping on her bike. One more thing, i did have the dealer do the stage one download to the bike.
@Powerman1972- I apologize for what seems to be an unfortunate situation. The AutoTune DOES NOT adjust the fuel at idle. There are many other contributing factors to your situation. However, a 4 month response time is unacceptable if true. The upload time only takes 10-15 minutes and usually only a day or so to get back to you. Please PM me and I will insure you get taken care of immediately. There have been many updates since the original inception, of which include some map updates.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:25 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by dontdropit
Help me out here, I can't find that offer and their website has it priced over 400.00, where can I find it?
Use the search function on this forum and enter Superchips. When results come back to you, enter down a few posts and you will see a 50+ page thread on their special offer. I believe you enter hdforum in the coupon code when you order and it reduces the price from $300 to $150+ $11 shipping. This is for the Vigilante EZ tuner. They offer a second tuner that stays on the bike and feeds your Bluetooth smartphone and displays engine info. I bought the Vigilante EZ, downloads and stays off the bike.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:52 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
Use the search function on this forum and enter Superchips. When results come back to you, enter down a few posts and you will see a 50+ page thread on their special offer. I believe you enter hdforum in the coupon code when you order and it reduces the price from $300 to $150+ $11 shipping. This is for the Vigilante EZ tuner. They offer a second tuner that stays on the bike and feeds your Bluetooth smartphone and displays engine info. I bought the Vigilante EZ, downloads and stays off the bike.
Yes thank you. I had to get on the PC to find it, couldn't find it on my phone using the mobile site. Looks like they don't support the 14's yet, although they have it listed on their website as available.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Ken Dean
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So am I to understand once you do the download and flash you unplug the FPK3? unless you are doing the autotune.

Last edited by Ken Dean; 12-23-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:18 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Not sure I understand your question the way you worded it.

You can choose "Auto Tune" and then Flash it, or you can select from one of the Maps that they already have for you and Flash it.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Ken Dean
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACLazer
Not sure I understand your question the way you worded it.

You can choose "Auto Tune" and then Flash it, or you can select from one of the Maps that they already have for you and Flash it.

I was asking if the FPK3 stays on the bike once all that is done,like the power commander that was on my 2013 Limited it stayed plugged in all the time.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I have plenty of FP3's in stock ready to go. Please call and i will make youa great deal or PM for cost please. I ship these daily.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:08 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Dean
So am I to understand once you do the download and flash you unplug the FPK3? unless you are doing the autotune.
The FP3 does not need to remain plugged in unless you are flashing a tune or using the Auto Tune feature

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: NEW Fuelpak FP3