Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Interested in the Fuelpak FP3? The Fuelpak FP3 allows you to map your engine for optimum performance when using a Vance & Hines exhaust. The Fuelpak FP3 also allows you to see vital engine information displayed on your smartphone.

Read the full discussion below to find out what people are saying about their Fuelpak FP3.
Print Wikipost

NEW Fuelpak FP3

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:44 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy3204
I know I've read somewhere on the forum about the red parking brake light coming on after installing the Fuelpak FP3. I installed mine and everything seemed fine until I used the autotune but now I have this P light which I believe is the parking brake light for the trike came on and will not go out. I called V&H and the tech acted like it was the first time he heard of this problem and he spoke to his supervisor. Well the tech told me it was a Harley issue and I told him this issue occurred after I installed the FP3 and was messing with the autotune. He insisted it was a Harley issue and told me to have dealer check and fix the problem.
I pulled the main fuse and this did not fix the issue. Flashed it back to stock and removed but the P light still on.
Anyone remember or know how to reset this P light other than taking it back to the dealership. I hate that place.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
its in the Rushmore section.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...achometer.html

Old 07-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Fatboy3204
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Road Warrior

Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 AM
jriv57
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered my FP3 tonight from DirectCylceParts $300. Hope to get it by Saturday. Lots of good knowledge on here. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:02 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Just FYI, I used the canned map that V&H recommended when I first used the FP3, had no issues at all. When I tried auto tune is when I had the parking brake light issue. But it's a easy fix.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Scaffido
Tourer

I just found this thread. My fp3 arrives tomorrow and I already emailed V&H about which map to use for my set up. Can't wait, I hope they get back to me soon. I'm not using any V&H exhaust products so my stuff doesn't show up in there programs.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Scaffido
Tourer

Originally Posted by barrygreen
Just FYI, I used the canned map that V&H recommended when I first used the FP3, had no issues at all. When I tried auto tune is when I had the parking brake light issue. But it's a easy fix.
Did the auto tune improve anything or was the original map as good???

Old 08-20-2014, 08:05 AM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Skully
Mine is workin good so far. The only issue I've noticed is the throttle response on a cold engine is worse than stock. Once it warms up everything is good. I'm going to run the autotune longer to see if it clears up.

I had my local HD Dealer do all the work on my bike, work has been nuts, and just no time. It has around 500 miles on it now since upgrades were done. HD Stage 1 AC, FP3, VH Power Duals and VH 4.5 Hi Output Slip On's. Dealer has mine set in the Auto Tune Mode right now, with the VH MAP that fits my bike. Bikes runs great, only concerns are cold issues, exactly like Skully is having. Hesitation and even popping through the Throttle Body when cold. Once it warms up, everything is just fine. I just emailed VH and waiting on an answer.

Bike is 3 weeks old and has around 1500 miles on it.

Attached Thumbnails NEW Fuelpak FP3-0810141637.jpg  

Last edited by ACLazer; 08-20-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Vhcsr
Former Sponsor

ACLazer- During the AutoTune Process the Accel-enrichment and decel enleanment are turned so as not skew the calculations of the AutoTune. When the bike is cold it is possible to exhibit the symptoms you are experiencing. Once AutoTune is finalized, then they will go away.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:28 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Vhcsr
ACLazer- During the AutoTune Process the Accel-enrichment and decel enleanment are turned so as not skew the calculations of the AutoTune. When the bike is cold it is possible to exhibit the symptoms you are experiencing. Once AutoTune is finalized, then they will go away.

Thank you, I thought the process would be completed by now.

This is the response I received in an Email from VH below:
================================================== =======

Good Morning,

We recommend letting the bike come to operating temperature before you start riding it. If we make a correction for the cold cycle start up it may effect the bike when it is at normal operating temperature.

--
Thank you,
Robert Martinez / Customer Service Representative
VANCE & HINES
13861 Rosecrans Ave. Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
t. (800) 592-2529 f. (562) 802-0110

Old 09-20-2014, 12:17 AM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie Stede
Only been riding for 5 months, but have been having constant issues with decel popping on my 2011 Fat Boy Lo. Have been exploring options on how to fix the problem, and price drove me towards the Fuel Pak 3. I read most of the posts on the subject in H-D Forums, and figured that I would give it a shot. Man I am glad I did. Ordered the unit last week, installed the unit and flashed the ECM today with the recommended map, and solved most of my problems right out of the box. Besides completely solving the decel popping issue, I got a much better power curve as I ran through the gears, better acceleration, more low end power between 1900 and 2300 RPM, runs cooler, and much more responsive in general. Seems like it may be a touch fat between 2100 and 2500 RPM, but overall satisfied with how it solved my problem. Don't quite know when I will be ready to play with the auto tune feature, but I am sure it will happen at some point.

Some of the questions I saw in the forum seemed intuitive for someone who works on computers a bit. FP3 can see all of the sensors because it is plugged into the diagnostic port which feeds information just like it does when hooked up in the dyno booth. It uses the O2 sensors, Throttle position sensor, and temp sensors without having to hook to them directly. You see everything on your phone just like the ECM sees it. A lot of the other issues seem to be related to people using every little feature of their phone, and crosstalk is what is killing some of the results people are seeing. Turn off wi-fi, and just run bluetooth while working on the tuning process, and you should be good to go.

At any rate, I'm a happy camper with this one, and it saved me at least $500 over the other options like dyno tuning (ripoff) and other power management systems that cost a lot more than the $330 I paid for mine.
Dyno tuning isn't a ripoff, lol! It's actually the best way to get a bike tuned properly.

Quick Reply: NEW Fuelpak FP3