Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Interested in the Fuelpak FP3? The Fuelpak FP3 allows you to map your engine for optimum performance when using a Vance & Hines exhaust. The Fuelpak FP3 also allows you to see vital engine information displayed on your smartphone.

Read the full discussion below to find out what people are saying about their Fuelpak FP3.
Print Wikipost

NEW Fuelpak FP3

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 11:46 AM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hdoil - thanks for the info

Old 05-23-2014, 12:42 PM
bpd138
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My FP3 just arrived in the mail today along with a set of 4" RCX Slash mufflers and an Arlen Ness Big sucker. I can't wait to put that stuff on and try it out.

While I have your attention; I plan on using the auto tune feature but I need to flash an initial map first. Does anyone have a suggestion of what map I should start with?

Thanks for any help.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:20 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Best bet is to email V&H exhaust systems tech support, and tell them your set up. they will recommend a map to use initially.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:31 AM
WildX
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There are no maps for the 2014 with Screamin Eagle Street Cannons and Stage one intake. Email V&H 2 weeks ago and no answer. Sorry but customer service starts a the purchase, no answer no buy!!!!

Old 05-24-2014, 09:32 AM
shoboat90
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WildX
There are no maps for the 2014 with Screamin Eagle Street Cannons and Stage one intake. Email V&H 2 weeks ago and no answer. Sorry but customer service starts a the purchase, no answer no buy!!!!
This is the reply I got from VH with the same question about Street Cannons...

You would choose the closest Vance & Hines exhaust to your Screaming Eagle muffle's (which would be Monster Round) , ride the bike for about one full tank, and then turn on your Auto Tune and let it tune itself.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:38 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

I always just call them. Never had a problem with customer service. To me it's easier to get your point across and get the information right when you're actually talking to someone.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Same here. 3 Emails in the last 2 weeks with no response so I finally called
Auto tune has not done a lot as I've tried it twice (Each time with multiple runs until I got the ok to flash) And this is with their setup of Power Duals and Monster Ovals.
I called them after I uploaded the map to see what they thought I could tweak and I got nothing but "Re-install the FP and run auto-tune again. Then what is the reason for the option of uploading a map then.
All I wanted them to do was look it over and upload me their tweaked map to my server. The CS rep couldn't get off the phone with me fast enough. Very disappointed.

Smitty

Old 05-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like maybe the popularity of the of the FP3 has overwhelmed their technical support because prior to this I have always had prompt courteous support from Vance and Hines. While on one hand it is annoying... on the other hand it is reassuring. I am sure they will do whatever is necessary to close the gap and the popularity of the product makes me optimistic that there will be continuous, aggressive research and development.

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
Same here. 3 Emails in the last 2 weeks with no response so I finally called
Auto tune has not done a lot as I've tried it twice (Each time with multiple runs until I got the ok to flash) And this is with their setup of Power Duals and Monster Ovals.
I called them after I uploaded the map to see what they thought I could tweak and I got nothing but "Re-install the FP and run auto-tune again. Then what is the reason for the option of uploading a map then.
All I wanted them to do was look it over and upload me their tweaked map to my server. The CS rep couldn't get off the phone with me fast enough. Very disappointed.

Smitty

Old 05-24-2014, 05:44 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Thats weird. I got an email the next day. I think they may be pretty busy with this roll out on the FP3.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:55 AM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I e-mailed them one morning and got an answer back within 2 hours.

I was impressed.

Quick Reply: NEW Fuelpak FP3