Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Interested in the Fuelpak FP3? The Fuelpak FP3 allows you to map your engine for optimum performance when using a Vance & Hines exhaust. The Fuelpak FP3 also allows you to see vital engine information displayed on your smartphone.

Read the full discussion below to find out what people are saying about their Fuelpak FP3.
Print Wikipost

NEW Fuelpak FP3

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 04:40 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hdoilcan
Does the FP3 stay on the bike after your done flashing ect? Does it get removed after your done? Was talking to the wrench at the stealers today and he said he thought that it doesn't stay on the bike..... He wasn't to familiar with it.
You have to have it on if you are doing an auto tune.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:23 PM
herkdavis
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrisko
Are you waiting the necessary time to allow the VE tables to populate all green blocks prior to flashing?
I'm not sure. Looks like it would only change the tables that were populated?
But this time I tried running the auto tune with the WiFi on my phone turned off. Rode about 300 miles and done a flash and it ran okay. I've also notice before that the Bluetooth on my phone would connect to both the FP3 and Infotainment so I turned the Bluetooth off on the Infotainment side

Old 05-11-2014, 04:01 PM
tpmcd
Intermediate

You begin by downloading a map from V&H which you feel is the closest to the exhaust and A/C you are using. If you are not sure what to start with V&H support can help and are very helpful even if you are not using any of their exhaust components.

Next you start the autotune process. Your phone does not have to be on and connected once you start but the FP3 does have to be attached.

You can start and stop the bike during this time. the wider variety of conditions you ride in the more fully populated the tables will be.

Once you have done a variety of riding you use your phone to go back into the Autotune menu and "finish" the tune. It will take the temporary table you've created through the Autotune process, save it into one of the six map slots in the FP3 and then flash it into the ECM.

At this point the FP3 can be removed and is not needed again until you want to do a new tune or want to use the system to look at engine parameters.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Kazz
Advanced
Default Auto tune working with iPhone update

Originally Posted by Kazz
Yea I haven't heard of anyone totally completing a auto tune successfully yet. I myself ran several sessions but no cells where learned.

The bike would start ,then pop and spit , then smooth out. Ran fine for the whole session . But as I mentioned before. No cells where ever learned.

There's a iPhone update that is supposed too fix a bug with the app in auto tune. I updated it and will try auto tune again when I have time to do a solid run. Fingers crossed
Tried auto tune one last time ( after iPhone update ). It started learning cells right away. I restarted my old auto tune session and before I left the drive way it had learned 3% of the cells ( idle and a couple blip of the throttle).

About 10 minutes into my ride their was a noticeable differance in throttle responds. It was smoother and more responsive when excellerateing to pass cars. After about 30 miles of side roads and highway I checked where it was at. It had learned 25% .

Got home and it has learned 33%. That was a total of about an hour and a half of rideing.
It looks like they fixed the problem with the app. I'm going to keep it in auto tune till it all the orange is green.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats and thanks for the update!

Originally Posted by Kazz
Tried auto tune one last time ( after iPhone update ). It started learning cells right away. I restarted my old auto tune session and before I left the drive way it had learned 3% of the cells ( idle and a couple blip of the throttle).

About 10 minutes into my ride their was a noticeable differance in throttle responds. It was smoother and more responsive when excellerateing to pass cars. After about 30 miles of side roads and highway I checked where it was at. It had learned 25% .

Got home and it has learned 33%. That was a total of about an hour and a half of rideing.
It looks like they fixed the problem with the app. I'm going to keep it in auto tune till it all the orange is green.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Kazz
Advanced
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hdoilcan
For the ppl that have installed these..... Are you still happy with them?
Yep. Working great for me

Old 05-22-2014, 07:08 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I got all my stage 1 stuff finally put on this week. FM air cleaner, V&H Power duals, American Custom mufflers.No problem at all with flashing the ECM with the FP3. Easy peasy.

The only thing I couldn't get to work was the remote monitoring on my Android smart phone. I got the sensor page pulled up, but nothing was updating. I tried shutting off the bike and restarting, but no go. Has anybody else had this happen?

Butt Dyno says that the bike is quicker, and pulls stronger at lower RPM's then before. Almost no decel pop anymore either.

V&H said put a couple of tanks of gas on this tune, then try the auto tune for a fine tune if needed. So far, I have no complaints with this stock map I have installed.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:04 AM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which vendor/retailer has the best deals on a FP3? I am ready to buy one. I'll be installing a set of LA Choppers slips-ons and an air cleaner kit.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:52 AM
hdoilcan
Tourer

Kutters HD has them for $300 to your door.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Skully
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is workin good so far. The only issue I've noticed is the throttle response on a cold engine is worse than stock. Once it warms up everything is good. I'm going to run the autotune longer to see if it clears up.

Quick Reply: NEW Fuelpak FP3