Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Interested in the Fuelpak FP3? The Fuelpak FP3 allows you to map your engine for optimum performance when using a Vance & Hines exhaust. The Fuelpak FP3 also allows you to see vital engine information displayed on your smartphone.

Read the full discussion below to find out what people are saying about their Fuelpak FP3.
Print Wikipost

NEW Fuelpak FP3

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 08:18 PM
herkdavis
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what's going on with my FP3 but when I flash the auto tune my bike runs bad and throws codes. I've tried several times different ways but I have same results. Will not idle and misses. Has rear cylinder lean code. If I reload base map it runs okay

Old 05-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by herkdavis
Not sure what's going on with my FP3 but when I flash the auto tune my bike runs bad and throws codes. I've tried several times different ways but I have same results. Will not idle and misses. Has rear cylinder lean code. If I reload base map it runs okay
Are you waiting the necessary time to allow the VE tables to populate all green blocks prior to flashing?

Old 05-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by herkdavis
Exact same problem today trying auto tuning. This was my first time I've tried it.
I Had to reflash back to my selected map. no matter how many times I did it, it barely idled

Old 05-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrisko
Are you waiting the necessary time to allow the VE tables to populate all green blocks prior to flashing?
This is after selecting auto tune and initially flashing the map you want to tune with. The bike will not run right to even start the auto tune process.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Kazz
Advanced

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
This is after selecting auto tune and initially flashing the map you want to tune with. The bike will not run right to even start the auto tune process.
Yea I haven't heard of anyone totally completing a auto tune successfully yet. I myself ran several sessions but no cells where learned.

The bike would start ,then pop and spit , then smooth out. Ran fine for the whole session . But as I mentioned before. No cells where ever learned.

There's a iPhone update that is supposed too fix a bug with the app in auto tune. I updated it and will try auto tune again when I have time to do a solid run. Fingers crossed

Old 05-07-2014, 05:29 AM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to get some clarification... is this autotune issue ONLY with the iPhone app and NOT the Android app.. or both....

Old 05-08-2014, 10:18 AM
tpmcd
Intermediate

I use the FP3 and an iPhone and have successfully done an Autotune twice on my 2012 FLD.

Flashing new maps and Autotune only seem to work reliably if I disable WiFi on my phone and force it to use Cellular Data. With both enabled things were pretty unreliable.

I'm not sure you will ever see a fully populated table. The matrix for the AFR table has RPM on one axis and % of throttle opening on the other. I think it would be hard to ride the bike and hit all of those condition combinations. It's been a couple of weeks but I believe my table showed a little more than a third of the table populated with green squares where it was able to completely measure and of course yellow around the edges where it did not have enough data in those segments for a complete tune.

I noticed that while Autotune was enabled my bike idled fairly rough the first time it was started each day. However, once I had ridden through the normal ranges I typically ride and "Finished" and flashed the Autotune results it starts and runs smoothly as you would expect. All in all I ran practically a full tank of fuel through the bike with Autotune gathering data.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:06 AM
hdoilcan
Tourer

Does the FP3 stay on the bike after your done flashing ect? Does it get removed after your done? Was talking to the wrench at the stealers today and he said he thought that it doesn't stay on the bike..... He wasn't to familiar with it.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:49 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hdoilcan
Does the FP3 stay on the bike after your done flashing ect? Does it get removed after your done? Was talking to the wrench at the stealers today and he said he thought that it doesn't stay on the bike..... He wasn't to familiar with it.

You can either leave it in place or remove it....

Old 05-09-2014, 08:18 AM
tpmcd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hdoilcan
You do not have to leave it on. However, even if you are not tuning the FP3 allows you to read engine temperature, RPM, etc. through your phone. If you are curious about what your engine is doing you might occasionally leave it connected so you can view that data.

Quick Reply: NEW Fuelpak FP3