Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key West Poker Run / Need hotel advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014 | 12:35 PM
HDJIM1158
|
Road Warrior
Default Key West Poker Run / Need hotel advice

My wife and I are going down to Key West for the Poker Run Sept 18-22. We are going to stay Thursday night in Key Largo and then ride down to Key West for the weekend. I am looking for a clean, off street parking hotel/ motel close in downtown for about 150 a night, any ideas ???

Thanks in advance, Be Safe JIM

Old 02-05-2014 | 06:33 PM
HDJIM1158
|
Road Warrior

Anybody ???

Old 02-05-2014 | 06:36 PM
Turret_plug
Road Master

Originally Posted by HDJIM1158
Anybody ???
I'm from Hialeah! just 10 mins north of isla morada...... I can't even begin to think of a place at that price that isn't cardboard, and didn't have a refrigerator in it!

Old 02-05-2014 | 06:40 PM
GSHOG
Tourer

Take a look at kayak.com.
You will find that most are in the $200-400 range. A very few at $150 or below and I would question their quality. I have been there twice and have reserved a room out of Key West both times.
Good luck.

Old 02-05-2014 | 06:44 PM
Turret_plug
Road Master

However..... The ride down there, and 7 mile bridge, or whatever it's called now...... Are worth every mile of the trip. I did it a few times in HS (late 80's)..... On a honda rebel..... Awesome!

Old 02-05-2014 | 06:48 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
From: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.

Don't know about the cost (thank you Priority Club points!) but the Crowne Plaza on Duval Street is a fantastic place. Wife and I both loved it and it's right in the middle of everything.

Old 02-05-2014 | 06:55 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member

I suggest you review Kayak.com for those dates.
That area is very expensive and $150 is the bottom step of the ladder for that event time if looking for something within walking distance (8-10 blocks) to Duval and with free off street parking.
It is doable but you probably will NOT include taxes, any breakfast or anything.
Consider review of Kayak and understand that Duval street is the center of the action with most activities situated closer to the Gulf side of Duval. The Atlantic side is the dead or quiet side...nothing wrong with the area just quiet. If you want off street parking then you are looking at something along Truman near Duval street or further towards the Atlantic side.
Truman and Duval is the far side and requires a walk to the action( about 5-6 blocks to the start of any tourist action and then another 5 blocks to the main stuff)..nothing wrong with the area in fact it is very close to CVS, pizza, subway, Dennys and the Catholic church.
At $150 with AAA discount review north Roosevelt area at one of the chain hotels but you will need a taxi to Duval..note you pay for parking on Duval...i rather pay a few dollars more (about $40-$50) and not take a taxi or move the bike..keep in mind that everything is old and beat-up and even at $200 a night some people are in shock with conditions....clean but beat-up...lower your expectations considerably and add $$ per night and you will find something. ..google earth will help you better understand the situation.

Last edited by im; 02-05-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2014 | 07:14 PM
CBud
Road Master

Silver Palms --off street, covered parking, newer and "green." I just checked, $544 for two nights including tax.

Andrews Inn--off street, small Inn with breakfast by the pool, happy hour 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. by the pool. Great Staff!!! Get on their waiting list, b/c most guests book year to year for this event. We were bumped the year we couldn't go due to Hubs' cancer treatment, but it has widened our horizons hotel-wise down there.

Paradise Inn if $$$ is no object--very romantic, off street and secured parking. It used to be "no kids," but the former owner sold it, and I believe if you look on Trip Advisor their level of service has dropped tremendously since Shel owned it. We used to go here, before we found Andrews Inn.

The Key West Historic Inns all have their pluses and minuses. We stayed at Key Lime Inn last year, and had a great time. Not all rooms have refrigerators, so if that is important to you, make sure you ask for a room with one. Off street and secure parking.

This should get you started.

Last edited by CBud; 02-05-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2014 | 07:21 PM
boatwake
Advanced

Been there a number of times, including the poker run. Best experience (value, comfort, location) in our opinion is Pier House.

Old 02-05-2014 | 07:29 PM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain

If in KW, you have GOT to stay in a B&B. If you have never stayed at a B&B, KW is the place to start. They are listed just like hotels and you can view their websites and register online. We are partial to Whispers on William St. Most all are on Elizabeth or William which is just 2 blocks off of the hot spot of Duvall. It's close enough to crawl home.

Since our first experience with B&B's 20yrs ago, it has gotten to the point that a B&B is our preferred accomodation when we travel. Ask your wife. I bet she will love it.

BTW, we used to go down every November for the Offshore Powerboat Championship.

Quick Reply: Key West Poker Run / Need hotel advice