Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full-Face Helmet??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 PM
jweakley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Full-Face Helmet??

In my earlier comment I neglected to mention that I am after aflip-up, full-face helmet. This would be my first full-face. Have been using an HJC 3/4 with a full face shield. The HJC Symax seems to get good reviews, but I notice that Shoei just came out with a flip-up called "Multitec."

Old 03-22-2007, 03:25 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not a fan of the modualr helmets, too heavy. If you want to go full face, the Shoei X-11 is an awesone helmet. Very light and great ventilation. I don't like wearing a full face unless it's cold out.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:54 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The big difference between Snell and DOT is the extra angles of impact and the different shaped anvils used by the Snell memorial institute. If all you want to possibly protect is the top of your head with the assumption that a flat, non-projectile/non-hemispherical impact is all that could ever happen then DOT is fine. Snell also tests in a wide variety of temperature/humidity environments, we have to send them 10 samples every re-certification period. Our unique material has enough "spring" in it to even pass in extreme sub-zero conditions which disintegrate Kevlar and Carbon-Fiber! There's no difference between the Ikon mentioned and the stickered-under-license Bells that are currently on the market, except Ikon markets to the baggy-jeaned rappers. There's also other branded helmets that are the exact same design but the list is way too long to post.