Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full-Face Helmet??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default RE: Full-Face Helmet??

ORIGINAL: petemac

Thanks. Actually I had a typo in my reply to you. I mean to say I'd check out your site, helmetshop.com. That looks like a good price. I also need to find out if someone sells an aftermarket shield for it. For some reason Shoei doesn't have a shield for it. Nice to keep in the saddlebag in case you run into rain.

ORIGINAL: harley0711

Yeah, I got that price when I called them. I mightbe in the market for a Shoei Platinum R 3/4 helmet and I'll check out helmetharbor.com's prices too.

I bought a Shoei X-11 last year and love it. It's light, comfortable and fits my head well. Do a google and you'll see some reviews. There's a review on here under product reviews. I spent $420 or so at helmetharbor.com.
just checked your link =
Shoei X-Eleven Black

Our Price:[/b] $529.19
MSRP:[/b]$587.99[/b]
You Save:[/b]($58.80)
More Info [/align][/align]prices may be better by phone.... I know they are at the helmet shop,,, ask for mike.... He quotes the $420 area... [/align]

check out this site on your Shoei 3/4 Platinium $209 = would this be a good price for this helmet???
http://www.helmetshop.com/items.asp?...amp;Tp=&Bc=

Looks like the Shoei would remove the visor (three snaps) the if wanted their are two more = so, it could use either a three or five snap????

Old 03-20-2007, 06:42 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Not sure. Don't know if I can tell from the picture on the website. I'll probably call some shops and ask. I like the look of the Platinum 3/4 and if I could get a shield for the rainy days that would be a bonus.

Thanks. Actually I had a typo in my reply to you. I mean to say I'd check out your site, helmetshop.com. That looks like a good price. I also need to find out if someone sells an aftermarket shield for it. For some reason Shoei doesn't have a shield for it. Nice to keep in the saddlebag in case you run into rain.

Yeah, I got that price when I called them. I mightbe in the market for a Shoei Platinum R 3/4 helmet and I'll check out helmetharbor.com's prices too.

I bought a Shoei X-11 last year and love it. It's light, comfortable and fits my head well. Do a google and you'll see some reviews. There's a review on here under product reviews. I spent $420 or so at helmetharbor.com.
just checked your link =
Shoei X-Eleven Black

Our Price:[/b] $529.19
MSRP:[/b]$587.99[/b]
You Save:[/b]($58.80)
More Info [/align][/align]prices may be better by phone.... I know they are at the helmet shop,,, ask for mike.... He quotes the $420 area... [/align]

check out this site on your Shoei 3/4 Platinium $209 = would this be a good price for this helmet???

not sure on how many snaps the shoei has??

Old 03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
RainMaker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a brand new Shoei in the closet that ran me nearly 700 bucks like 4 years ago. Before I bought my Harley, i rode a GSXR and would not have even considered riding with a skid lid. But cant bring myself to wearing it on my Harley. It just isnt comforable and so damn hot. Sadly, I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda summer rider, my hats off to you guys that can ride in all your safety gear in the heat of the summer, HOW DO YOU DO IT!.... I want to wear the protective gear but get so damn hot I feel like im about to pass out. Add the 07 heat issues and I wouldnt be able to take it out of the garage

I t-boned a car and it thru me 70 ft to the pavement and it felt like I had layed my head on a pillow. I had zero head or neck painto the amazement of the rescue personnel and took a pretty hard head impact from the looks of the helmet. Shoei all the way for me for safety just from the expereince of using it. Like the guy told me regarding the price.... how much is your head worth.. pretty much says it all....

Old 03-20-2007, 06:49 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Petemac - in looking at the Shoei on the web site, I see three for the visor and one on each side - in looking at the after market shields on the Helmetshop - looks like both the three and five would work - most likley the 5 would be more secure... Thats a nice looking helmet...

Old 03-20-2007, 06:51 PM
recross
Tourer

I've had the Arai Quantum for a few years...will eventually replace it with the Arai RX-7 Corsair...the different sheilds from the one I have now will fit..also super fit, ventiation, etc....
would like to find a flip-up that I like but at this tome have not come up with this one yet.....
BC

Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
ffb
Tourer

good advice all over .

if you want the almost quality of the shoei for $279 ,go to webbikeworld site and or check out the www.akuma .com site and look at the ghost rider.

i have this and other ,and for the price this is a great helmet .

but ,my shoei x11 is perfect ,a 10. the ghost rider , an 8.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:00 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ffb

good advice all over .

if you want the almost quality of the shoei for $279 ,go to webbikeworld site and or check out the www.akuma .com site and look at the ghost rider.

i have this and other ,and for the price this is a great helmet .

but ,my shoei x11 is perfect ,a 10. the ghost rider , an 8.
No disrepect but "almost quality" is only good until you are flying through the air - then a person wishes they had the best helmet money can buy.... I do thank you for the help...

Old 03-21-2007, 12:00 AM
adamzapple
Cruiser

I've been wearing a Shoei X-11 for over a year and love it. I also had a Shoei Platinum 3/4 but after crashing while wearing it and getting a major dose of road rash on my face, I threw it out and now only wear the X-11. I don't care it if it's 90 degrees. I also wear full leathers. Once you've scraped up your face, elbows, knees and wrists a few times, heat is a small price to pay for your safety. BTW, I paid $425 for my X-11 at Hollywood Motorcycles in LA.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, i've had 3/4, modular and full face during over 30 yrs of riding. If you wear glasses the full can be a pain to get on and off. Feeding my glasses thru the hole in thehelmet can be a real trick. Additionally, some of the holes are too small for my glasses, most of the newer helmets have alleviated this problem. The 3/4 are cooler in the summer, but wind noise is greater and protection ismuch less. Read up on the number of accidents were the rider had chin and nose injuries and you'll go to full or modular!! I use the modular (HJC Symax) around town because of frequent stops. ON trips i wear the full face Arai. Find out what head shape you have and get a helmet to match your head shape; otherwise, your helmet will always be uncomfortable after a short period of riding. Arai fits my "oval" head the best and the new lower weight version is a real comfort factor.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Many posts recommending high-end helmets, but the best one stated "Never buy a helmet without trying it on"!!! I distribute a high-quality helmet but have it priced to buy market share. None of the Darth-Vader or Racer-Boy graphics BS that most other companies rely on. Check out www.leydendistributing.com and see for yourself. Our full-face is less than 3 pounds, Snell 2005 cerified, has backdraft ventilation, no chin or forehead vents that make noise, turbulence and are hard to clean bugsplat off of. Dealers are slowly being signed up, most Harley stores have to buy too many from the motor company and most jap stores decision-makers are pimply-faced kids who are more impressed with bling and never ride more than 50 miles at a crack! At HOG and GWRRA meetings they're very well received.

Quick Reply: Full-Face Helmet??