Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full-Face Helmet??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
THABULL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Full-Face Helmet??

For the money Scorpion helmets are hard to beat. My wife has one and is well pleased with the quality.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:57 AM
GOSTAZ
Road Master

Another vote for Arai's and Shoei's.. My head is Arai, and the gf is a Shoei Head. Quiet, Light, and Safe. I tried shorty helmets, but cannot find one that really fits that is DOT... My Arai is a 3XL... so we are a full face couple. Lots of good helmets out there, but most of my buds are happiest long term with Shoei's and Arai's because they are light and durable.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:41 AM
noturstandardglide
Intermediate

Another vote for full-face Shoei X-11for a few reasons- weight, interchangeable pads inside EASY shield changing (best in the biz), lightweight, good design to eliminate lift. Downside is noise--I always wear plugs, but I do notice it is noisier due to the high venting. I tried an Arai--same quality, but interior was softer and more plush. I am definitely not an Arai head so it didn't matter. My brother in law has an Arai and it's great but changing the shield is a pita. JMHO

Old 03-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Bigfoot
Tourer

I have a tough time finding helmets. HJC made a 3x that fits me prefectly, but the now only make it in 2X. I bought a Shoei X-11 in 2x and it is too tight (NEVER BUY A HELMET WITHOUT TRYING IT ON). I guess I can sell the Shoei....

So now I am wearing a 6 year old HJC. I saw the above post about arai making a 3x I will have to give them a look

Old 03-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Trueharley
Novice

I got a Simpson. If it protects a Top Fuel driver at 330MPH it ought to be good enough for me. www.simpsonracing.com
Mine is a speedway shark it has a lip at the bottom to help keep it down in the wind.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I got that price when I called them. I mightbe in the market for a Shoei Platinum R 3/4 helmet and I'll check out helmetharbor.com's prices too.

ORIGINAL: harley0711

ORIGINAL: petemac

I bought a Shoei X-11 last year and love it. It's light, comfortable and fits my head well. Do a google and you'll see some reviews. There's a review on here under product reviews. I spent $420 or so at helmetharbor.com.
just checked your link =
Shoei X-Eleven Black

Our Price:[/b] $529.19
MSRP:[/b]$587.99[/b]
You Save:[/b]($58.80)
More Info [/align][/align]prices may be better by phone.... I know they are at the helmet shop,,, ask for mike.... He quotes the $420 area... [/align]

Old 03-20-2007, 02:44 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

I use a Nolan N100E with the flip up and have been very happy with it. Comfortable quiet and breaths pretty well. Great customer service too. I had an upper piece that helps reduce fogging go bad. I sent an email to them and they connected me with their US rep and he sent me a replacement part no hassel.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Woodchuck
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: gliderman

Been thinking about getting a full-face helmet. More for the colder rides.
Colder rides in San Diego???!!!

I'vehad a number of full face helmets including Shoei and Arai. My current bucket is an Arai Quantum f. It is (1) light, (2) good fitting, (3) has good ventilation and (4) it's easy to quickly change the face shield from clear to tinted without tools.

Two factors adversely affect the amount of helmetnoise - sloppy fit and ventilation. The more ventilation it has, the noisier itis.

The amount of air hitting thehelmet will make the same helmet louder or quieter. On my metric bike, the windhits at about chin level and I have to wearear plugs. On theEGC, the wind hits at the top of the helmet at reasonablehighway speeds (70 -80 mph).Thefaceshield stays open if I want(thewind closes it on the other bike) and there isno need for ear plugs due towind noise but Istill use them.Also,there is a lotless ventilation if the wind isn't in your face butitdoesn't get anyhotter than my 3/4.

Unless you have Marty Feldman eyes, the full face won't interfere with peripheral vision.

Like others have mentioned, don't buy one without trying it on first.

Happy trails.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Yeah, I got that price when I called them. I mightbe in the market for a Shoei Platinum R 3/4 helmet and I'll check out helmetharbor.com's prices too.

I bought a Shoei X-11 last year and love it. It's light, comfortable and fits my head well. Do a google and you'll see some reviews. There's a review on here under product reviews. I spent $420 or so at helmetharbor.com.
just checked your link =
Shoei X-Eleven Black

More Info [/align][/align]prices may be better by phone.... I know they are at the helmet shop,,, ask for mike.... He quotes the $420 area... [/align]

check out this site on your Shoei 3/4 Platinium $209 = would this be a good price for this helmet???
http://www.helmetshop.com/items.asp?...amp;Tp=&Bc=

Old 03-20-2007, 06:34 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks. Actually I had a typo in my reply to you. I mean to say I'd check out your site, helmetshop.com. That looks like a good price. I also need to find out if someone sells an aftermarket shield for it. For some reason Shoei doesn't have a shield for it. Nice to keep in the saddlebag in case you run into rain.

just checked your link =
Shoei X-Eleven Black

check out this site on your Shoei 3/4 Platinium $209 = would this be a good price for this helmet???
http://www.helmetshop.com/items.asp?...amp;Tp=&Bc=

Quick Reply: Full-Face Helmet??