Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$460.00 for the Tuner and $280.00 to Dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 05:51 AM
harleybikerguy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need a power commander or similar that being said dont spend a dime for the dealer to do a download or run it up on their drum to show you "results"

Find a load cell dyno- eddy current or 250i and see what the customers have said about the persons ability to tune. In our area we have Robs Dyno. He is the man to go to when you want to maximize your engine under the entire curve not just peak numbers as every other "tuner" does. You want someone who is not new to the game but someone who has years and years of experience. I have watched Rob tune all my bikes and many of my friends and its a 2 hour on average job to tune each cylinder every 500 rpms from just off idle up to red line. The difference between the bike before vs after is NIGHT AND DAY. Roll ons are far more powerful, no peaky areas, no lean spots..its perfection. Spend the time and seek out someone with a load cell dyno where they can hold rpms (by loading the engine) and tune air fuel, timing etc. In my area its around 350 for a custom map but without a doubt its the best money you will ever spend for your combination.

just my .02

Old 02-04-2014, 06:52 AM
thealien
Road Captain
Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/ha...uner-32109-08c

Best deal on the pro tuner I could find, shipped fast also.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:33 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grillfish
To the OP, don't buy the SE Pro tuner and think you can go to Docs, as he is a TTS guy. Call Doc first, then decide what to do.
Doc is total TTS...had used the HD products for years...but there is a long story about the SERT, SEPST and TTS. Best bet...pick up the phone and call him.

Steve

Old 02-04-2014, 07:35 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

harley dealerships love taking your money with a smile

Old 02-04-2014, 07:48 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For just some slipons and intake, a tuner/dyno maybe a bit overkill...
You might want to conder installing the FL-AF-XiED-10 from nightrider. Takes about 10 minutes (tops) to install/setup and the bike will run/perfom superbly. If you go with more extensive mods, you can easily sell the XiEds - and go with a tuner at that time...

Old 02-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Webo
Road Warrior

[quote=chopperguytampa;12279997]It is a true dyno tune. They said they keep the bike most of the day and do quite a few runs to get it correct.

I would like a set up similar to yours, did you dyno yours or just use the tuner ? How do you like the power duals?[/quote

I like my setup very much, sounds great, looks unique with the crossover X, fit and finish is great, and runs very well. I had the dealer install all my parts and load the canned map. I'm not a mechanic and don't own all the tools so this seemed best for me. I then did several smart tuning runs and will probably do more this spring. I'm an electronics engineer so the electrical stuff is fun for me. Knowing what I do now I should have just had them install the exhaust for me and then I could have done the AC with basic tools and loaded the canned map myself.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:53 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,214 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperguytampa
I have Rhineharts on my 14 SGS and am about to change out the AC to a high flow. Dealer wants 460 for the tuner and 280 for the dyno? Does that seem about right or does that seem high?
That's a pretty good price as far as dealers go. Problem is, more times than not, you will not get a good tune out of it....and then you'll need to pay them more if you change anything in the future.

Here is a thread that has a good overview of other options-

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...uning-etc.html

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Most here are giving you the real deal. Buy a TTS and go to Docs. Dealer tunes are notorious for being half ***.

Also, don't buy much into all of that add on stuff.... Adding simply more fuel, via a 'fueler' a XIED, etc does actually not much for things.....

Here's why. None of those deals play with and adjust TIMING. Timing is the key, here not more fuel. I can add a whole point of AFR and the exhaust temps may drop by 50 or so degrees. Changing the timing will drop exhaust temps in the 100s.

But, not here to argue. If you don't really know whats the truth, and who does??? Simply buy a TTS and give the bike to Doc for a day and it will be done and never have to worry about it, until you change.. say... cams, and then everything is in place for Doc to work his magic again. Don't you have better things to worry about than what tuner to buy? Doc is recognized world wide as a very good tuner. Plug- play-and... forget about it with Doc.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:13 PM
sicotech
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a cobra powerpro tuner and forget about the dyno and the downloads

Last edited by sicotech; 02-08-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:15 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sicotech
Get a cobra super tuner and forget about the dyno and the downloads
Really?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Quick Reply: $460.00 for the Tuner and $280.00 to Dyno?