Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart versus Vance & Hines

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014 | 03:04 PM
DK's Limited
|
Cruiser
Default Rinehart versus Vance & Hines

I am considering purchasing a full set of Rineharts, Extreme duals, with 4 inch mufflers. A lot of people swear by the Vance and Hines Power dual set up, any thought? I have a 2013 Ultra Limited with a Heavy Breather intake and a Street Tuner.

Old 02-02-2014 | 03:33 PM
stan60
Tourer

I can't speak to the rinehart header pipes, but the 4" mufflers are awesome. I put on Rush ceramic coated headers and the 4" Rineharts. . I had the V&H monster ovals before. If you plan on doing any type of performance enhancements to your motor later on, you may want to stay with the rineharts. They are much less restrictive than the V&H's.

Old 02-02-2014 | 04:19 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

I have the power duals with 4" Rineharts and love the sound and performance gain. I didn't care for the extreme duals look on the right side the way it crosses under the front pipe and it makes it a little tricky to check the oil when the pipes are hot. If you really want true duals I like the stepped head design and look of the MGS duals. But remember with both systems you can not change the slip ons later because they are a different size. If you go with a good header like the VH power duals, S&S, Fulsac, FM you can put any slip ons you want because they all accept standard size slip ons. Only the stepped systems will work with there slip ons because of the size of the muffle inlet.

Old 02-02-2014 | 06:39 PM
DK's Limited
|
Cruiser

Have either of you guy's had an issue with heat on the new systems? I was a little concerned about heat if I went with the Power duals as I wonder if the collector pipe would generate any heat. I appreciate the advice from both of you guys.

Old 02-02-2014 | 06:50 PM
stan60
Tourer

Originally Posted by DK's Limited
Have either of you guy's had an issue with heat on the new systems? I was a little concerned about heat if I went with the Power duals as I wonder if the collector pipe would generate any heat. I appreciate the advice from both of you guys.
That's the main reason I went with the ceramic coated pipes. CONSIDERABLY less heat. Just like your wifes cooking pans, ceramic=less heat. And they look like true duals should, no "x's" or anything. The Rush pipes maintain the shape on the crossover. No squish if you will so it doesn't disrupt the flow. I've been very happy with them. Check em out.

Old 02-02-2014 | 07:14 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

The main reason I swapped the head pipe out was to remove the Cat and reduce the heat felt. The Power duals do not have a converter in them like the stock head pipe. I have felt less heat since the swap. However we are setting on a 103" motor inches from our crotch and legs, if your setting still very long in summer your going to feel some heat no matter what exhaust you have.

Old 02-02-2014 | 07:19 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army

The Rinehart chrome is crap! Ive had the 3.5 extreme true dual Rinehart on this bike and put up with the blocked oil fill hole because they sounded so good. But after a while the chrome was so bad with scratches and swirls I couldn't take it. Changed to a V&H dresser dual head pipe and 4" Rinehart mufflers, still sounds great but again the Rinehart chrome with less than a year look like crap, the V&H head pipe still looks like new and the stock chrome on my bike looks great. My softail nightrain had The V&H big radius and that chrome looked great the entire three years I owned it. Love the performance and sound of Rineharts but for the price you pay I want my chrome to look good for a lot longer than less than a year. My 2cents!

Old 02-02-2014 | 07:41 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain

The V&H power duals are real good headers and help produce good power. Personally, I would choose a better muffler than either V&H or Rinehart. There are plenty of high quality mufflers to choose from.

Old 02-02-2014 | 07:55 PM
harleymojoman
Tourer
Wink Heat vs Pipes

I also did the dual ceramic coated Rush headers . . . . literally no heated thighs! I also opted for the RUSH slip ons w/'2 baffles. I'm happy!!

Old 02-02-2014 | 08:27 PM
stan60
Tourer

Originally Posted by harleymojoman
I also did the dual ceramic coated Rush headers . . . . literally no heated thighs!!
Exactly! No heat! I know what the man said in his previous post that it makes no difference. Well, it most certainly does. You don't understand it until you've tried it.

Quick Reply: Rinehart versus Vance & Hines