Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED head lights on RGU, are they worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Freebirdsride1
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
NIGHT and DAY difference!!!!

Worth the big coin that they cost. Like others have said, check out the online discount dealers for them.

All my bros now want to ride behind me at night because their that good, and because I now blind them in their mirrors if their in front of me.

YB
So your bright LED lights offense others in front of you that suck for them. So if your friend get LED lights how is going to be in the front of the pack?? Or do you all were dark glasses for night rides. LOL

Old 02-13-2014, 07:11 PM
phatman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tOSUSteve
I installed HID's from http://www.harleyhids.com/

They are much better than stock & less expensive than daymakers
How was the install? Have you had any problems with them? I've read about ballast's going out because of the vibration.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:16 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes, yes, yes, of all of my mods, this was the best thing i ever spent my money on. I have the Harley day makers on my road glide and can never go without. Crazy bright white light, i am so happy, but shop around they are pricey. I bought mine from Kutter Harley for around 500 and some change, with no sales tax and free shipping. Worth every penny, I have before and after shots, but don't know how to post photos in the thread, you can always PM me and i can email them to you. You will love them

Old 02-13-2014, 07:26 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

i installed the daymakers on my 12 Skunk. The difference in light turned night into day. I ride a lot at night. Usually do a couple of 1000 milers in less than 24. This year attempted the 50 CC (coast to coast in under 50 hours). Daymakers made a world of difference streaking across the deserts of new mexico and west texas at night. You can see so much more than you realize once you get them installed and adjusted properly.

if you don't like the price, use your chrome cash, like i did. Several online 20% discount dealers now are taking Chrome Cash since it now comes on a credit type card vs a check. My total cost after chrome cash was less than $200.

if you have the will, you will find a way to get them. Gift cards make a great cost reduction methodology as well

Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Really? Who is going to drop that kind of coin on HEADLIGHTS! and admit they suck ?? Notice how no griping about turning corners and lack of light on the sides like with the single LED ? I guess fellas will admit they are not happy for 200 bucks !!
Seriously nobody has issues in twisties ?? Is it due to the fixed fairing ?? I rode a Tour Glide a while and never really noticed much difference in light between fixed fairing or fork mounted.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:00 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by bigheadted
Really? Who is going to drop that kind of coin on HEADLIGHTS! and admit they suck ?? Notice how no griping about turning corners and lack of light on the sides like with the single LED ? I guess fellas will admit they are not happy for 200 bucks !!
Seriously nobody has issues in twisties ?? Is it due to the fixed fairing ?? I rode a Tour Glide a while and never really noticed much difference in light between fixed fairing or fork mounted.
Believe what you want to!

But I fought getting these LEDs for a while. I first got some CD Halo Ringz for my front blinkers. They too are super white and made my regular head lights look brown or dull. It really looked silly.

For your information, I got mine for 42% off msrp. Which came to around $420.00.

In the twisties, down a hill, up a hill, whatever the case, these things are stupid bright!!!!

Most of the complaints are from the solo headlight riders.

And if I paid BIG $$$ for something that really SUCKED, I would tell you so that you won't make the mistake.

YB

Old 02-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Expensive - yes. Bright as hell - yes. Worth every penny - yes.

It's easy to convince yourself for the latest and greatest, but rarely is the return on investment so great. I bought mine from Lake Shore when they still did 20% off. I got a fair deal, but know that I would have paid MSRP for these if I had to.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:37 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbeard719
Expensive - yes. Bright as hell - yes. Worth every penny - yes.

It's easy to convince yourself for the latest and greatest, but rarely is the return on investment so great. I bought mine from Lake Shore when they still did 20% off. I got a fair deal, but know that I would have paid MSRP for these if I had to.

Love that shot!!!

Side note,
I notice you have your Go pro in the same spot as I do. Have you tried your on the outside of the fairing? (Left/right side, right about where your windscreen starts)

If not, it was better there for me then on the engine guards. It did only bounce at idle but gave a much better real time look as opposed to looking at your front rim spin and the ants walking on the roads.

YB

Old 02-14-2014, 01:16 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeman54
TruckLite phase 6 or 7 $379 for 7" headlight and a pair of the passing lamps.Not sure about the.Its on there web page.Excellent lights and 10x better than stock candles. Had the 6 on my 010 Ultra,have a 14 now and I believe the TruckLites are better and cheaper than the Harleys which I believe are JD Speaker.
Road Glide.

2 headlights, no passing lamps.

Originally Posted by skratch
yes, the daymakers are definitely worth the coin.

but, in the meantime, i would suggest that you check your headlight alignment. if you aren't being flashed with your highbeams on, i would think that they are badly out of adjustment.
That was my first thought when I read the op.

I concur 100%

Originally Posted by lp
May have to try them next time. Come on new Road glide.... Can't wait!
I would be willing to bet they come stock on the next incarnation of the RGU... or dare I venture to say... Road Glide Limited.

Yes, remember you read it here first.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:47 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anything that gets Grandma's attention is worth it!

Quick Reply: LED head lights on RGU, are they worth it?