Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

american custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 02:58 PM
little red around the neck area's Avatar
little red around the neck area
Cruiser
Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts
Default american custom exhaust

Thinking of upgrading my stock mufflers, 2004 Road King. Who has installed American Custom mufflers ? Are they a quality product and how much better than stock is the sound?

Old 01-31-2014, 03:07 PM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 349 Likes on 158 Posts

I've installed their slip-ons on 2 previous bikes. Both times I ordered pipes from them and then sent mine back and both times the pipes I received were as-new. And their sound is perfect - nice and deep with no decel popping. They're hard to beat for sound and price.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:55 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I've got em. run the mid baffles but I drilled the same no. of holes em as they came with. I get a nice deep tone and the more throttle the louder they get. I creep out of the of the neighborhood and bother nobody. I can gear down or give throttle and raise the dead. I like mine' and didn't have to sell my first born to getem.
kroozeabout.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:03 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Their quality is excellent as they use the Stock Harley slip ons as their base. They remove the stock baffles and replace them with interchangeable slip in baffles. You can make your bike quiet, loud or LOUD! by deciding which baffles you choose to install.

Some like them loud for riding around town with friends, and then change them to quiet for longer road trips.

Seems like the louder you make them, the more power you get from the engine.

Least expensive way is to send them you pipes, and they will modify them and return them back to you.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had their true dual head pipes put on last Fall. Top notch. They had their new line of mufflers on display and they were top notch. I didn't buy them only because I am happy with the BUB slip ons that I have.

While I was waiting I spoke to the owner. A real nice guy that is proud of the products that they sell.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:46 PM
DaGroundZero
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had mine for about 7 months, and I love them. I ordered the slightly blemished bombers for my 2009 Road King with no baffles. I received the slip ons in just about a week, and I changed them over my lunch break. I already had the 1st one on before I remembered that I had ordered the slightly blemished set. I had to hunt down a few little marks here and there. It is amazing how they went away when I mounted them on my bike too! I think the install time was 38 minutes from start to finish.

I love the deep sound, and now cars don't try to merge into me!

Old 02-01-2014, 10:40 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,598 Likes on 1,612 Posts

i have them and like them. good sound and chrome.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:47 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

I installed a pair of Bombers on my 09 Road King. Without a baffle WAY TO LOUD, mid range baffles worked well. You might want to drill extra holes to louden/deepen the sound as others have stated. With just their slip-on (no filter change) the bike developed a slight decal popping. I installed a V&H Fuelpak, problem solved.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:50 AM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikekoz13
I had their true dual head pipes put on last Fall. Top notch. They had their new line of mufflers on display and they were top notch. I didn't buy them only because I am happy with the BUB slip ons that I have.

While I was waiting I spoke to the owner. A real nice guy that is proud of the products that they sell.
They make a true dual?

Old 02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 349 Likes on 158 Posts

Quick Reply: american custom exhaust